classical_Liberal's Semi-ERE

Where are you and where are you going?
cmonkey

Re: classical_Liberal's Semi-ERE

Post by cmonkey » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:12 pm

Nice update and story. Yea I'm glad we haven't moved up there yet, MN has gotten a ton of snow. We just got some rain. :lol:

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:18 pm

Nice foreground guns shot! Your GF has a good eye ;)

My DD27 went to school in New Orleans and I really like visiting her there. I stayed in a nice hostel near a rough neighborhood the first time I was there. The last time I was there I tent camped in a park very close to the city that was highly populated with feral swamp-dwelling cats. Unfortunately, somebody stole a very large cargo hauler right off the roof of our vehicle in broad daylight.

Mister Imperceptible

Post by Mister Imperceptible » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:52 pm

NOLA is fun, been there twice now, and that’s saying something because I haven't travelled much. You should have stuck around and educated that reporter some. The world is dumber now because you’re hoarding information.

We had 1100 square feet for a family of five. I shared a bedroom with my brother right thru high school graduation. Fun times let me tell you.

suomalainen

Post by suomalainen » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:16 pm

Two things: Growing up in the 80s was the best. And you shouldn't have posted a pic of the back of your head. I was able to use Alan's faceback app to get a match on your face.

classical_Liberal

Post by classical_Liberal » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:00 pm

@cmonkey
Yeah GF says the same about Des Moines. We are supposed to get another blizzard here on Wednesday. I have no idea what they are going to do with more snow, the 2 lane streets are down to 1 lane the way it is!!

@7WB5
She's got good taste, I have better! Sorry to hear about the NOLA experience. There is definitely a crime issue down there, but I can't imagine it's any worse than Detroit, and you can handle yourself there well enough.

@MI
Yes I'm greedy with that common knowledge. I can't believe the station sent a guy down to report on it that didn't even know basics. He actually said something to the effect of "they usually just send me to crime scenes". :lol: poor guy

@Suo
Agreed, 80's rocked and kids these days....Luckily I don't have to deal with that. :P wrt to doxing, I tend to behave under the assumption anything I post online will get back to me at some point. Such is the world we live in, can't rage against the machine. The main reason I withhold some details here is because other forumites remain anonymous, so it's a thing and I wanna stay cool. I much prefer to operate in the realm of letting all of my dirty laundry air out. That way if people want to use it against me, at least it came from me directly. It has the added effect of reducing stress associated with trying to hide shit. Besides I'm an ENTJ, all of my worldviews and personal projects are known far and wide, I can't keep my mouth shut if I wanted to. :shock:

Edit: All of the being said, just an FYI to any regular forum participant who wants my IRL contact info feel free to PM. I'm always looking for like-minded folks to chat with. Or just do it Suo's way :lol:
Last edited by classical_Liberal on Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FBeyer

Post by FBeyer » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:02 am

classical_Liberal wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:00 pm
...The main reason I withhold some details here is because other forumites remain anonymous, so it's a thing and I wanna stay cool. I much prefer to operate in the realm of letting all of my dirty laundry air out. That way if people want to use it against me, at least it came from me directly. It has the added effect of reducing stress associated with trying to hide shit. Besides I'm an ENTJ, all of my worldviews and personal projects are known far and wide, I can't keep my mouth shut if I wanted to. :shock:
I don't have to update my journal anymore, I'm just going to link directly to yours instead. It's much more efficient than keeping two concurrent and identical journals :lol:

classical_Liberal

Post by classical_Liberal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:18 pm

@Fbeyer
Sweet! we can tag team it then? :lol:

Augustus

Post by Augustus » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:19 pm

One of my favorite sayings ever. Thank you Sparta. And I share your love of NOLA. Apparently we should all make a club.

classical_Liberal

Post by classical_Liberal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:03 pm

@Augustus
I almost spent $20 on a thin, cheap ass tee-shirt with that logo! The only thing that stopped me was my nearly year long streak of not buying new clothes. I ended up buying some underwear on clearance when I got home and blew it anyway, what a waste!

I know a nurse who has one of those cricket machines, maybe I can make a trade...?

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Oh I see, everyone is just always coming to New Orleans and not hitting me up. It's fine, I get it, y'all don't like fun. Don't come crying to me when the "I bet I know where you got dem shoes mister" guys charge you $20 for squirting hand lotion all over your Gruntens.

Thanks to my boy classical_Liberal for keeping it real and hanging out!

Mister Imperceptible

Post by Mister Imperceptible » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Hey c_L, sounds like you’re ready to mouth off to a tyrannical government and conceal your barbarous relics or something :D

@J&G
I was last in NOLA in 2013. But if you come to the Northeast let me know.

classical_Liberal

Post by classical_Liberal » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:31 pm

Jin+Guice wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:53 pm
Thanks to my boy classical_Liberal for keeping it real and hanging out!
It wont be the last time! Hows your job situation, practicing what you preach? 8-)

@MI
Always that, plus the potential sexual innuendos of telling a certain someone to come take my cannon.

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:40 pm

Man! What kind of question is that? How's YOUR job situation?

In all seriousness I need to figure out how to get out of this job and still live my life as a total slacker.

classical_Liberal

Post by classical_Liberal » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:30 pm

Jin+Guice wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:40 pm
Man! What kind of question is that? How's YOUR job situation?
Ha! you know damned well how it is... the same, because I'm a wussy! I hold you to higher standards than me!

Seriously though, a bit of dread having to start back up the FT BS next week. I've finally been getting back to baseline c_L after the trip and a week of downtime. I actually did apply for a low-pay/skill PT job, with flexible hours. Waiting to hear back. It's certainly not worth the money if I don't like it, but I have to start trying some different stuff. I can directly compare to nursing, see if I'd rather have a brainless job for twice the number of hours PRN nursing would pay.

Seppia

Post by Seppia » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:53 am

Man the 80s!
I’m a “last year Xer” from 1980 and I kinda like how we live in a status of semi permanent irrelevance on a demographic scale. We kinda fly under the radar unnoticed.
Everybody talks only about Boomers ruining the future and those pesky spoiled millennials, while we always get a pass.
I guess it’s karma rewarding us for having to experience hair bands and Milli Vanilli :lol: