- Started the year with a $329,598 NW and ended it with $442,760. Increase of $111,373
- We sold our condo in Chicago for 321K, 6K over asking price. We sold it 3 days after being in the market
- We started with $139,710 in Betterment and ended with $202,209. Increase: $62,449
- Our savings average was 45%. It was quite low because of the two months when we were moving had very low or 0% of saving rate
- We sold our car in Chicago for $5,200
- We made $3,223 on Ebay and selling furniture
- Chica made $633 on dancing lessons
- Chica got a raise in April - 105K/year
- We almost hit 425K by the time we moved. We had 420K
- We move to Bilbao was good. We furnished the entire condo for about 4K and bought a car for $7,200
- Chica gets to work remotely. This is a game changer and a key to our early retirement
- Mini was born on 7/31. She was a healthy and beautiful baby. She was 7lbs and 9 oz, and 21"
- We did pretty good at selling all our stuff back in Chicago and not buying unnecessary stuff during this year.
- I run the half marathon in 2 hours and 2 minutes
- I quit my nonsense job!!
- Hit 525K NW by the end of the year
- Live below the 3,5% SWR ($1,250)
- Get a source of income. The tour guide gig is my priority right now.
- Do the 0 clothes buying challenge until the end of the year.
- Chica to get her drivers license by July
- Chica to be fluent in Spanish by the end of the year
- Chico to be good at surfing by the end of the year
- Do some cool road trips.
- SAVINGS % 2019:
Month - Increase NW - Saving %
January - $20,324 - 69.15%
Feb - $10,618 - 70.6
March - $12,452 - 57.8
April - $11,990 - 63.35
May - $2,196 - 67.5
June - $22,267 - 60.57
July - $6,816 - 56.02
Aug - $16,553 - 70.35
Sept - $4,372 - 25.54
Oct - $1,783 - 0
Nov - $4,365 - 50.5
Dec - $17,463 - 86.22
5 YEAR GOALS:
- Have 800K in our NW
- Live with less than $1,500/month
- Quit our jobs completely
- Slow travel when mini is off from school.
** On another note, as I mentioned above, we are thinking in not buying the condo we put the offer before (there is no penalty or anything if we back up). We are currently living in a rent free nice apartment and could live here for a few years. We definitely don't want to rush into something even though we think it could be a good opportunity. We consider waiting, enjoying our time and saving like crazy is a wiser decision. We don't feel like paying taxes and insurance for anything right now. I guess we decided to get wealthy without owning a condo