the dollar journal

Where are you and where are you going?
thedollar

Re: the dollar journal

Post by thedollar » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:03 am

July 2019 update

Financials
NW increased over USD 50,000 due to the market. Expenses have been around 1.5x normal during the last couple of months and I hope to return to my normal expense level from this month out. Feel like I'm some times bribing myself to stay in my current job. Dividend income was much higher for July than last year. At some point last year I invested in Gazprom expecting a high dividend yield on my investment - and apparently they doubled their dividend paid out in July (!).

Weight
Weight expressed in BMI increased a bit to 22.6 up from 22.5. After weeks of vacation I was actually okay with a small increase. In August I aim to continue the diet and also start exercising a bit.

Job
It's been hard to come back after the summer vacation. My motivation has been very low, especially since I already received a raise for H1. Probably I'll be more motivated during November and December when I know it's time to negotiate again.

Other
I hope to start up a few learning projects out of interest during the remaining time of 2019. There's just not a lot of time to do anything other than go to work and use free time to recharge sadly so we'll see how it goes.