the dollar journal

Where are you and where are you going?
thedollar

Re: the dollar journal

Post by thedollar »

Thanks for the encouragement Herp!

I'll be sure to check out the link. On the one hand I try not to obsess too much day to day over volatility but on the other hand I do have a huge interest for the market and trying to figure out what to buy :) But you're right, probably a good strategy not to follow the market or check the portfolio too much these days. Just stay the course.

March update

What a month! NW is down around 4% in February and now again around 5% in March. I bought around $ 100,000 worth of stock during the month but my equity ratio of now only 43% is way too low. So I'll probably be buying 100k worth more in April.

Record month for dividends due to Danish companies usually paying out everything once a year in either March or April. Added a new key metric called "projected annual dividend" which will track what dividends can be expected for the next 12 months based on current holdings. New purchases and dividend cuts/hikes should affect the figure which I hope will grow&grow&grow :D

Cashflow:
Expenses: $2,121
Dividends: $7,004 (+65.8% YoY)
Dividends TTM: $2,181 (+$232 MoM)
Projected annual dividend: $37,451

Total networth gain (loss):
-$184,237

Investment allocation
Equities: 43.5%
Real estate: 23.3%
Cash: 33.1%

thedollar

Post by thedollar »

April update
What a difference a month makes! I'm probably up USD 300,000 or so from the lowest point in March. I managed to grab some more stocks on the way down which has paid of. A lot of dividends have been suspended in Europe and luckily fewer in the US, resulting in my YoY and TTM dividend metrics to take a beating. I still have ample cash if we see another downturn and although stocks are now very near 50% of my allocation, I'm fine with nearly all in if things go way south.

Expense level is pretty bad compared to previous levels due to staying inside and being bored. I'll work on lowering it for this month.

Cashflow
Expenses: $2,493
Dividends: $2,341 (-12.3% YoY)
Dividends TTM: $2,069 (-$112 MoM)
Projected annual dividend: N/A

Total networth gain (loss): +$195,666

Investment allocation
Equities: 49.0%
Real estate: 21.9%
Cash: 28.8%

thedollar