- Years pursuing FI to date: 3
- Current Net worth: 177k
- Current Debt: 0k
- Current Salary: 100k
- Starting salary after college: 33k
- Side income (average): between 5 and 10k annually
- Years left until FI: 3-4 years?
- ~$500 on rent + utilities
- ~$300 on food
- ~$200 on misc (entertainment, books, hobbies)
- ~$40 on gas
- ~$60 on car insurance
- ~$50 avg car maintenance and upkeep
- ~$25 on cell service
- ~$25 on clothing
Average monthly income after taxes and deductions: $5400
Potential to save each month: $4200
Current nebulous goals:
- Curtail my involvement in freelance development work.
- Publish one e-book this year (non-fiction, software related).
- Teach one class as an adjunct at the local college.
- Start to re-orient my side-business to training and teaching
- Read about two books per week (so far I am reading more like 1.2 per week)
- Become a better writer (both non-fiction and fiction)
- Spend more time exercising
Anyway, this is a long road! I'm going to try to update this at the end of every month with my struggles to keep on track.