FI or bust; FBeyer.

Where are you and where are you going?
SavingWithBabies

Re: FI or bust; FBeyer.

Post by SavingWithBabies » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:40 pm

That is exciting! Do you have a rough idea of how long whatever you're working on might take to make it out into the world? Oh and I'm like the earlier repliers -- I just like to read journals sometimes as they can be interesting. I like that they don't have the fixed topic of a thread and you get to hear more from one person over time.

FBeyer

Post by FBeyer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:27 am

I think the initial estimate is about 1 year to 1.5 years before we have a working prototype.
With what I consider to be perfectly sensible pessimism I therefore estimate that we have a working prototype in 1.5 to 2 years.

At that point we should definitely be able to attract investors and start receiving wages in some form or another. That should also hopefully be the point where the business expands beyond being a lab and becomes an actual international business.

TheWanderingScholar

Post by TheWanderingScholar » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:23 pm

FUCK YEAH! GO STARTUPS!

Sorry I am looking at going to a local hackathon in May so I am excited to people on this sort of events!

FBeyer

Post by FBeyer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:44 pm

It is already my experience that startups and entrepreneurs are the most easily excited and helpful people I've met.
If you have even basic networking skills you can get a lot of help, with a lot of stuff.

Have fun at the hackathon!