Under the Yoke

Where are you and where are you going?
Sabaka

Re: Under the Yoke

Post by Sabaka » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:35 am

fiby41 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:52 pm
I think it is because my mother knows Russian and I get some of it free at home.
As good as any other reason!

fiby41

Lakṣmī-sahasra-śata-sambhrama-sevyamānaṁ। govindam ādi-puruṣaṁ tam ahaṁ bhajāmi।।

Post by fiby41 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:37 pm

Dharma

Air pistol and air rifle month long training complete. Certificate will be useful when applying for license to bear arms.

Russian
Gave Spoken Tutorial Exam.
A1 & A2 language levels complete.
My facebook page Hindu Russia crossed 1k likes & followers:
https://www.facebook.com/HinduRuss/?sk=photos

Gave semester examination

Artha

Currency speculation with the help of script 1: history
Currency speculation with the help of script 2: trade
Mutual funds 1 and 2
Mutual funds 3, 4 &5
Virtual currencies

See full album

Kaama

Thou shall not covet your neighbour. What if she is single? And what if she likes you too?

My childhood sweetheart moved next-door 2 years ago. I have been trying my best the prevent the relation we have from descending into neighbourhood, 'just friends'hip, or filial piety (brotherhood) by maintaining tention and surprisingly she's cooperating.

Apart from her I have not much contact with any girl which is dangerous in case she hurts me. But this is also the reason why I must cultivate this relation-- to build my confidence up so I can approach and make friends with other girls.

She has one friend in college and one of her school friends with whom she pretty much does anything- dinners, movies, bike, car rides,... But they publicly deny being in a relationship.

They'll be here until her mother retires in 5 to 7 years. My goal is to get her to the point where, if I propose, she'll say yes, by the time of their last year here. Currently we see each other on Tuesdays.

I'll waste extra time to be romantically involved with atleast one girl in college, classes just in case.

If she says no, she'll be out of my life anyway. I'll live another 5 years until my father retires. Then if I have a job in the city and cannot commute from where my parents move, I'll take shelter under the lotus feet of the Supreme Lord of all the manifest and unmanifest universes, Śrī
Kṛṣṇa by moving in The Temple.

Moksha

I have been listening to the Bhagavad-gītā in orignal since February. The word gītā means song so it is indeed meant to be sung hence its metric rhyme scheme substitutes my music needs. Serendipity effects unintended sideeffect have been memorising some of the 700 verses.

The wall plaster had been falling where I sleep giving me breathing irritation. The cement had to be replaced for quite some time. I had resolved the build relation with the girl next door and the temple so that when the impending renovation takes place, I'll have shelter.

I've been attending Śrīmad Bhāgavatam lecture on Saturdays hearing Kṛṣṇa-kathā (historic narration) and Bhagavad-gītā on Thursdays (philosophical discussion) and participating in the open-ended conversations.

The Supreme Controller is so kind-- The day the public works department scheduled the renovation was Ekādaśī and previous Thursday lecture I was invited to spend the weekend overnight in the temple for the Ekādaśī!

Lakṣmī-sahasra-śata-sambhrama-sevyamānaṁ
govindam ādi-puruṣaṁ tam ahaṁ bhajāmi

I worship Govinda Kṛṣṇa, the Primeval Lord, the first progenitor,
He is always being served with great reverence and affection by hundreds of thousand Goddesses of Fortune, Lakṣmī, each incharge of Her particular universe.

Brahma-Saṁhitā (5.29)

fiby41

Swimming in that Egyptian river- In Denial

Post by fiby41 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:24 am

Artha

Virtual currencies:

Stock market mutual funds:

Currency trading:

fiby41

When I was with you all I felt was this: Helplessness, imprisoned. I fell for this so many times it's ridiculous

Post by fiby41 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:41 am

Mutual funds: ₹2.6L
Crypto: ₹5k
Cash: ₹35176.25

Bought headphones: - ₹1700

8.33% of goal reached.

Girl next door went to other city for masters. So glad that I maintained safe distance and did not get overly attached. Dodged a silver bullet or golden handcuffs. She has a single parent only and she is of the type to guilt trip you into feeling bad if she doesn't get what she wants from you. She would have used me only to alleviate boredom if I'd have let her. Reading the recommended book in the other thread Games People Play explains a lot. Now reading Art of Seduction. Main reason for buying those headphones are those noisy neighbours.

frihet

Re: Lakṣmī-sahasra-śata-sambhrama-sevyamānaṁ। govindam ādi-puruṣaṁ tam ahaṁ bhajāmi।।

Post by frihet » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:57 am

fiby41 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:37 pm

b]Moksha[/b]

I have been listening to the Bhagavad-gītā in orignal since February. The word gītā means song so it is indeed meant to be sung hence its metric rhyme scheme substitutes my music needs. Serendipity effects unintended sideeffect have been memorising some of the 700 verses.

T
Lakṣmī-sahasra-śata-sambhrama-sevyamānaṁ
govindam ādi-puruṣaṁ tam ahaṁ bhajāmi

I worship Govinda Kṛṣṇa, the Primeval Lord, the first progenitor,
He is always being served with great reverence and affection by hundreds of thousand Goddesses of Fortune, Lakṣmī, each incharge of Her particular universe.

Brahma-Saṁhitā (5.29)
Beautiful bhajan, dancing in my heart chakra, needed some soul-soothing, thank you!

I have also studied the Gita but in english translation. I especially like chapter 7-11, they expand me along with the talks I've been following.

http://www.satshree.org/teachings/gita- ... dy-videos/

Verse 360.
The seekers who steadfastly worship Me without thinking anything else, I secure for them whatever they need and protect what they already have

fiby41

Re: Lakṣmī-sahasra-śata-sambhrama-sevyamānaṁ। govindam ādi-puruṣaṁ tam ahaṁ bhajāmi।।

Post by fiby41 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:42 am

frihet wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:57 am
I have also studied the Gita but in english translation. I especially like chapter 7-11, they expand me along with the talks I've been following.
Gītā is compared to a sandwich in an analogy. The first and last 6 chapters are like the bread which cover nyāna-yoga and karma-yoga are important while the central 6 chapters dealing with bhakti-yoga are the most relishable.

frihet

Post by frihet » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:47 am

fiby41 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:42 am
relishable.
Relishable, Truly, I like how that word rolls on the tongue.

The sandwich analogy is similar to how Sat Shree teaches the Gita. 1-6 is as you say the foundation and he then speaks of three different flavors of realization in chapter 7-15: Transcended Truth - to realize the Brahman, To realize the God principle and the to bring those two into manifestation into the world as the Supreme Being = Truth/God in human form on earth. 16-18 are reminders so that manifestation doesn't go astray.

Are you a member of the ISKCON movement? They probably teach it differently?

fiby41

Post by fiby41 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:02 pm

frihet wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:47 am
Are you a member of the ISKCON movement?
They do have a life membership program. It's worth considering if you have global traveling (affordable guest houses) or simple living off the land (eco-villages and farm communities) in your ERE plan.

Those are the material benefits. On a more subtle/spiritual level, they provide a great way of structuring time, even at home, with mantra-meditation and reading material.
frihet wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:47 am
They probably teach it differently?
God is the Supreme Person.

fiby41

Don't inhabit a country where you're'nt respected, cant earn your livelihood, have no friends, or can't aquire knowledge

Post by fiby41 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:46 am

Money owed to me, by whom, with the time/duration I cannot touch it for (they owe me until):

81k, 2 MFs, this is the amount which was invested more than 500 days ago and currently in profit, can withdraw

180k, 11 MFs, either less than a year old or in negative

50k, cooperative bank, 2020

50k, cooperative bank, 2024

35k, cooperative bank, can touch/liquid

3k, state bank, can touch

26k, state bank, 2031 after 35

3,420, guarantor govt, after 60

After adding pocket change in 2 bank accounts and crypto it comes up to 3 years 8 months 1 day 4 hours and 48 minutes of living expenses (440k)

Got food, clothing, shelter covered until 2030 which is around until when my father can continue on his post.

My Facebook page crossed 10k likes.

Rules:

Save up 12.5k and deposit it each time in Public provident fund (maturity 2031).

There was a post that said to go on a binge shopping so that you can get it out of your system, find out first hand that it is not worth it before whole heatedly adopting the FIRE lifestyle. I may have ended up doing the same with investing.

No more stock market positions (either through mutual funds, or securities) unless I've maxed out that year's PPF limit (150k) and my then return on currently owned funds matches or exceeds whatever interest is going on the PPF (8%)

If I'm tempted: (note to self) No gambling is 1 of the 4 regulative principles prescribed to me.

Get Rich Slowly: if I'm able to/ I had max/ed out 150k every year for the total 15 years (I'm 3 years in);
Final Maturity Amount is 42,48,288;
At the current interest rate of 7.6 %;
Which is over & above my FI target of 36,00,k;
But interest rates can go down and cost of living increase further.

Chanting: Power of compound interest

Set it and forgot it (if it works): so I can get myself into bigger problems & more interesting things to do than retirement planning and lifestyle design.
Last edited by fiby41 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fiby41

नारायणं नमस्कृत्य नरं चैव नरॊत्तमम| देवीं सरस्वतीं चैव ततॊ जयम उदीरयेत ||

Post by fiby41 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:23 pm

3 months ago, I went for a week to the number 2 place to be in 2019 according to NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... visit.html
It cost 60 dollars, all included.

I remember going through that article on the blog dissing travel, and ticking the reasons I had in mind as they were mentioned.
My attitude towards travel has changed 180 degree since joining this forum.
Reasons could be:
-finding out firsthand that it is possible to do so affordably
-With parents it was hours of doing nothing (resting) followed by franatic sightseeing. Very stressful
-I have more time now
- Understanding yatra/pilgrimage to be religious tourism.

I've observed some senior citizens. Elderly people seem to live an almost identical sedentary, secluded life. Most miserable are those whose all friends die up before they do. I've decided that's not how I'd like to end up.

Besides that's not what the Vedic culture recommends. One should take Sannyās (retirement) after all house hold duties are fullfilled, discharged. Without becoming a dependent on children. Preaching Dharma in alien climes.

I'd like to be posted in a Russian speaking country. After taking Sannyās. It'd be better that before I go, I have under my belt a repreitore of Dharmic books in Russian language translated.

I'd imagine having irregular, seasonal employment. Taking occassional interpretation gigs and translation assignments. Spending the remaining time translating books.

I'm preparing to do post graduation in Russia to get used to the climate, besides the education is affordable and better that European countries in the price range.

On Thursdays I attended Bhagavad-gītā discussion. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6084&start=60#p169151
I walk 40 mins from the station to temple. It is tapa (austerity), exercise, kills time as the discussion starts at 8 pm, and creates appetite. I take the bus back home as I'm so full of the tasty food that I can barely walk the same distance plus it's late, usually after 10 pm.
Today is the third day the bus employees were on strike. So I didn't go and instead wrote this.

The title of past post is a sutra, aphorism by the mentor to the emperor who consolidated my country into a single political entity, after a long time, immediately after Alexander was prevented from entering it.