viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9543&p=158037&hili ... at#p158037
- Define your goal (ERE target amount)
- Define the most efficient means/mechanisms to achieve your goal; make a list of several options.
- Review each option in step# 2 and determine which is the most efficient and the least expensive in terms of desirability.
- Once you've determined what your best choice is (step# 3), determine the walk away cost of your selection: bad boss, too much overtime, short lunch breaks, etc.
- Commit to your choice 100% and throw all other options away - burn the boat.
- Look for a job that conforms to your list and walk away from the job only if it exceeds the walk away cost defined in step# 4.
- Rinse and repeat after leaving a job; its important to keep redefining your list as you learn more about your tolerances and preferences.
...the process or the goal is irrelevant because both are important and both are vulnerable to change in accordance with one's growth and/or circumstances beyond one's control.