Fox's Journey: And Onto the Sunlight!

Where are you and where are you going?
Dream of Freedom

Re: Fox's Journey: And Onto the Sunlight!

Post by Dream of Freedom »

Well that little black nose it pretty small for your long muzzle. And maybe some laser hair removal. That is some serious body hair. :lol:

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

Why stop at butts, I want the biggest schlong in the land. :lol:

There's no way I'd ever get a butt implant or any type of implant. One thing is finding a highly skilled surgeon to precisely remove some cartilage, but another is putting a piece of plastic into your body permanently. Besides, body stuff usually can be fixed with diet and exercise, but no matter how much you diet and exercise, you can't really change your nose, jaw, or straighten your teeth as the case may be. Even most of the benefits of a facelift can be had with simple microdermabrasion, face masks, coconut oil, dry brushing, micro-needling, wearing a hat, and sleeping on your back. I like this lady that writes on Beauty on Raw. She's 60 something and looks 30 and has never had any work done. I doubt I'll have the nose job, maybe if I go bald and need my nose to look a certain way to pull the look off. For now I'm just being influenced by where I'm living. I'd never even thought about plastic surgery when I was getting so much attention in hippy western MA.

I watched a documentary on plastic surgery, and it was some scary stuff. Teenagers getting tummy tucks, butt implants, and boobs the size of melons. It was like they thought of it like getting their hair or nails done. The body anxiety statistics were disturbing as well. And honestly, it sucks not just for the person, but the person they're with. I've met many women who are so anxious about their body that it can make sex tense or generally not fun nor exploratory. I'd say the person that loves their body and loves in-person sex is the exception and not the norm nowadays. Another angle that was fascinating was that for a lot of these people, it doesn't matter how much surgery they get, if they're overweight, a perfect nose or cheekbones isn't going to make a big difference. I guess it's similar to makeup. Plastic surgery is the kind of thing that can make a pretty person into a stunning person, but it's harder for it to turn an overweight and ugly person into a pretty person. It also obviously comes with risks that can turn any person into a scarred and poor person, so there's that.

Jason

Post by Jason »

TopHatFox wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:38 pm
Why stop at butts, I want the biggest schlong in the land. :lol:
From what I'm reading, the competition is pretty stiff.

https://www.menshealth.com/trending-new ... l-cabrera/

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

She's 60 something and looks 30 and has never had any work done.
I think she looks about 60. People can look pretty good at a variety of ages. It helps if you make your living based on looking good. Otherwise, you might slack off on applying the paper tape strips and castor oil to your eyelids every night.

@Jason:

Ick.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Why not go full on sexual cyborg.

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

What’s that, Black Mirror you say?

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

TopHatFox wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:38 pm
sleeping on your back
except sleep apnea

Jason

Post by Jason »

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:30 pm
Why not go full on sexual cyborg.
I know I'm getting old, but when I read things like "Lovetron9000" implant vibrator, it makes me long for the good old days when a rolled up twenty and an eight ball were enough.

And the woman who now vibrates every time she faces east because she implanted a compass? I mean she's smoking hot in a flight attendant kind of way, but what does that mean in real time? Does she get off every time she watches the sun rise? If you drive her from California to New York, does she have a 3000 mile long orgasm? I just don't feel equipped to handle a woman like that not only because I'm not good with directions but walking around with a woman who vibrates 25% of the time is just kind of weird.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Also, not like it needed to be said... but of all the crazy cybernetic implants you could get, including the one that the Von Cyborg chick got... why the fuck would you get an implant that vibrates based on what direction you're facing? It's like, the most science-fictionally autistic thing you could do.

daylen

Post by daylen »

Soon there are going to be reality TV shows like exactly like the fictional show "Black Mirror", then everyone will want a brain implant that "enhances" their perception in some way. Though, in reality these instruments will likely dis-regulate the body and lead to increased risk of psychosis. May want to watch out for those people.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Kriegsspiel wrote: It's like, the most science-fictionally autistic thing you could do.
You could get all your fingers fused together, so that you could think like a computer.

Jason

Post by Jason »

If there's one thing for which I do not want, its a daily provision of inappropriate and awkward thoughts and actions. I'd be more inclined to Clockwork Orange than technologically enhance my shit. Last thing I need is to be walking around vibrating like a tuning fork on top of everything else going on with me.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

You're so old school, Jason. Cockwork Wattage is the future's battlecry.

Jason

Post by Jason »

It's for the best. Put me in room with Mother Theresa and at worse, I'm thinking about what's under the habit. Stick an electrode in my dick, I'm on my knees quicker than a wise man spotting the baby Jesus.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Well, I would note that the base of the penis is not the most obvious location for placement of electrode towards enhanced sexual performance.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

It rewards those poor jilted* lovers.

* Spanish pronunciation

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

what is happening in this thread

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

DEC 2018

Back at work full-time. It's almost 6 months now, so I suppose I'm not getting fired. How nice.

2 MA classes down, 10 more to go. Officially accepted into the MPA program, ranked in the top 100/USA.

Got a side-gig teaching archery and leading outdoor trips. Need to find a WFR class somewhere in FL...and learn how to drive a 12-passenger van on the highway without killing anyone, in a month. Going to an outdoors conference for free in January.

Found two AC grads to sub-lease the top-half of my parents house.

I'm thinking of moving to an elitist, hippy small-town with lots of nature. Got a tipoff about Athens, OH, for example.

Pretty sure I'm off the dating market until I get these bands off my teeth lol.

No progress on infiltrating climate justice spaces in Miami.

---------

Networth: 70K (surgery cost 10K in total OOO, but whatever man, teeth 4 life)

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

A lot happened today. Had an office christmas party where a few faculty retired. These things always make me feel super depressed. It’s great that you worked for 40 years researching esoteric XYZ, but WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING HERE!? I wish I had more in-person role models showing me: « yeah I worked at xyz department for 5 years and now I live out of a camper van with some savings and a MA . » These emotions make it tough to find motivation to work unfortunately.

Speaking of work, some work has piled up from working remotely for a few weeks after the surgery, so I got chewed out by a faculty member publically. I literally told him that his demands are unreasonable and walked out for the day. Then as soon as I did the stupid to-do he thanked me and re-verbalized that he was right. His emotional Intelligence: 0. This reminded me that it doesn’t matter who I work for, they care more about the work I produce than me as a person. And like, I get that because I’m paid to be there, but man, it’s pretty hard to socialize with people at work if I know that if leave, not one would reach out after a week or two. Now that i’ve been there for 6 months, I’m also suddenly expected to be an expert at the job, when frankly, not much has changed since month 5. Insterestihg change of gears I suppose.

A woman I was close to/slept with in college and know for 3 years, C, was visiting Miami. So I visited her in her hotel and cuddled/made out with her (she was with her family, and I’m pretty certain her fam was pissed lol). She’s in Atlanta at the moment, but said she was interested in me as a bf, instead of the 35 yr olds that want her as a sugar baby. She’s thinner than I am, and has a sweet/slightly needy attitude and slight republican lean. I actually really appreciate that compared to the more common « fuck you I don’t need you » attitude of left-leaning Weird Girl, for example. Let’s see where this goes. I’m not bringing up the bf title until she does, but I will visit and do the do + travel around Atlanta! I’m a sucker for a pretty woman that cuddles up next to me and occasionally asks me to reassure her, but I suppose so is every guy. *shrugs*

———-

I guess what I’m realizing is if work is the predominant life arch when you’re working full-time, then the way to be happy is to always have your to-do items done and done well. It doesn’t matter if you need to work some evenings or weekends or be on your phone; the tasks just need to be done. And frankly to plan vacation or eschew vacation because that often leads to a permanent back flow of to-dos. And don’t get me wrong, whether the to-dos are bullshit or not is just as unimportant as money being bullshit. It doesn’t matter because you need them to buy stuff and live well.

———

Another factor I’m totally on the bandwagon for is part-time work after a few years of heavy accumulation. The benefits of making money to spend instead of drawing down portfolio $ cannot be overlooked. The benefit of having years and years of expenses saved up and a low overhead can’t either. Its nice to be able to cover main expenses with portfolio $, and then work for extra things, like coconut ice cream, flights, and theater tickets. I agree that the revelation of part-time after near-FIRE is almost as big a revelation as FIRE itself.

C40

Post by C40 »

It seems like you have very unrealistic expectations of what you can get out of work. Having strong and emotionally fulfilling relationships at work is never automatic, and should not be an expectation. No person at work and no employer owes you that.

------

With friendships and relationships, you seem to place a lot of emphasis on permanence: whether co-workers will still be friends after you quit, or whether friends or lovers will still want to spend time with you after it becomes less convenient/beneficial. One of the most important lessons I've learned from various different old and wise dudes is how important it is to be able to love (and give friendship) without expectation. That means without expecting those people to behave in some specific way because of your love, and definitely means to love because of right now - not because you want/expect something to happen in the future, and without thinking they owe you anything.

I remember years ago when I read about how it's common for INTJs to be the slowest to tell partners "I love you". I realized that I had somehow built up "I love you" in my head to mean "I think you are perfect and I will love you forever". That was an important thing for me to recognize and change. It helped me to make dating and love much simpler and enjoyable. I'm still working on it.

------

At work, be careful with how you respond to situations like that. Stoicism has good advice. If you are viewed as anything less than a very high-performer, walking out for the day because of a small conflict can soil people's views of you. I've seen way less be the tipping point for people getting fired.