cmonkey's journal

Where are you and where are you going?
cmonkey

Re: cmonkey's journal

Post by cmonkey »

classical_Liberal wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:58 pm
Still, it'll be worth a try, at least for the experience.
Nice, let me know how it goes! The food selection changes each time which is one of the exciting bits. Normally we don't get so much ice cream, usually just 6 or so. So we are good for a few months now..

Smashter

Post by Smashter »

@cmonkey thanks for the Ruby's Pantry rec. We went to one in SE Wisconsin and it was a cool experience. We'll need to get a chest freezer to really take advantage, but what a haul!

I was about to get some protein powder from Costco and decided to hold off. I'm glad I did, because I now have about 3 months worth of good quality stuff.

We had a similar experience to you with the Halo Top — we were there toward the end and they were begging us to take more :)

LiberateMind

Post by LiberateMind »

The baby is so cute.. :) Quiet awesome on achieving the FI.. How do you manage the kid with a job ? How are you planning out further as you have pretty much reached FI now?

cmonkey

Post by cmonkey »

Smashter wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:20 pm
@cmonkey thanks for the Ruby's Pantry rec.
No problem! We have had a good experience each time, although some items are hit and miss. We have started saying no to the Halo Top though, just got way burned out on that one. :lol:

@LiberateMind, thanks! My job is pretty easy, only requiring a few hours a week of real work. The kid on the other hand! She is a handful, but she is amazing. I used to have days where I wondered if I should have had a kid, but those seem to be long gone now. She's becoming a lot more fun the older she gets and we have gotten a great routine down.

Not sure on plans for quitting the job, but we will likely be under a 2% WR later this year as our expenses are falling to a 4 figure level. The job is so easy it feels stupid to quit, especially given market valuations. We are also not sure what we want long term in life, so it makes sense to just keep it for now. We are basically just dry running FI now and shoveling my paychecks into 4 week bills, although I might start some buying if this correction keeps going.