A Journey of Mindfulness--the Remaking of Life in Midstream.

Where are you and where are you going?
IlliniDave

Re: A Journey of Mindfulness--the Remaking of Life in Midstream.

Post by IlliniDave » Sun May 13, 2018 4:46 am

April 2018 Summary
Spending in April was about $3,200. Invested assets increased by about $5,000 and net worth increased by about $7,500. My multiple is "down" to about 43.5X.

I've revised my spreadsheet to "test" my financial viability in the face of heavier spending. Basically, I increased expected annual spending up to $51,000 (pretax) which allows for up to $24,000 in medical-related spending each year with no compensating adjustment to lifestyle spending. That's not what I truly expect to happen, but I wanted to see if I could sustain it. The answer is "yes" so long as everything else is not too hostile.

I recently had a birthday which puts me within one year of the opening of my window. That plus the above exercise have convinced me it is probably time to revisit my future spending plan/estimate.

I am extremely busy at work. I essentially have two separate jobs and both are hopping. I expect a significant amount of overtime over the next 3 months, maybe longer. At this stage the O/T will probably have a nontrivial affect on retirement bene's from my employer along with allowing me to offset some of my recent spending binge.

Today is Mother's Day. Hallmark Holiday or not it is a somber day for my immediate family. I'm still not back to myself after Mom's passing. I'm even more introspective if that is possible. The inescapable place the introspection leads is a renewed commitment to living life as fully as I am able. I'm also a little more concerned with having positive impact on those around me than I usually am.

Seppia

Re: A Journey of Mindfulness--the Remaking of Life in Midstream.

Post by Seppia » Sun May 13, 2018 5:15 am

IlliniDave wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 4:46 am
The inescapable place the introspection leads is a renewed commitment to living life as fully as I am able. I'm also a little more concerned with having positive impact on those around me than I usually am.
It is incredible how even the worst possible events can have positive side effects.

Virtual hugs to you