A Journey of Mindfulness--the Remaking of Life in Midstream.

Where are you and where are you going?
7Wannabe5

Re: A Journey of Mindfulness--the Remaking of Life in Midstream.

Post by 7Wannabe5 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 am

lol- March 1st (counted as day my ex moved into his own apartment, since I procrastinated far too long with the actual filing) was the 10th anniversary of my emancipation. It seems as though you may have done better with choice of post-divorce prime-directive than me. But, a rather intelligent, although somewhat rude, member of my divorce-support group once told me that if I put even half the effort into improving my financial situation that I put into improving my sex life, I would soon be a millionaire! :lol:

IlliniDave

Re: A Journey of Mindfulness--the Remaking of Life in Midstream.

Post by IlliniDave » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:11 am

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 am
It seems as though you may have done better with choice of post-divorce prime-directive than me. But, a rather intelligent, although somewhat rude, member of my divorce-support group once told me that if I put even half the effort into improving my financial situation that I put into improving my sex life, I would soon be a millionaire! :lol:
Haha, that might be true for you! But I put very little actual effort into the accumulation of wealth. All the real effort went into improving life overall, understanding myself better, and finding a way that I could craft my future in such a way that it dovetails with my formerly-discarded silly little boy dreams (which I see as a more genuine reflection of my true self than all the plans adult-me hatched over the years prior to my late 2011 epiphany). The wealth just happened because I quit sabotaging myself.