Smelly Swiss Dilettante

Where are you and where are you going?
prognastat

Re: Smelly Swiss Dilettante

Post by prognastat »

Who is happy about it? At least everyone I know in person and on social media seems to be upset about it, at least those that have commented on it.

Jason

Post by Jason »

I can see why Jean is so upset. The "after" pictures must remind him of his bathroom.

Jean

Post by Jean »

A lot of my fellow french citizen who appear to be muslims of muslims descent, but I'm sure there is no link at all. Some members of other abrahamic religions too. I thought they all had the same book and the same god. How could they be happy about it?
Those oaks were among the last remanant of the french primary forest.
Last edited by Jean on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jean

Post by Jean »

And my bathroom is probably cleaner than yours, because Thor himself cleans it for me.

Jason

Post by Jason »

That's a test of bravery I didn't even think Thor was capable of.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Not everyone got your degenerate digestive track.

EdithKeeler

Post by EdithKeeler »

I’m wondering if you’re seeing some of these?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfe ... ame-hoaxes

Jason

Post by Jason »

Jean wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:33 am
Not everyone got your degenerate digestive track.
Despite now finding himself homeless, I don't see Quasimodo mustering the courage to enter that thing.

Clarice

Post by Clarice »

Jean wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:36 am
I've been suprsised by how moved I was by the burning of Notre-Dame. I'm in a bad mood.
The feeling of sad symbolism of this event is hard to shake off. Here is a good article that addresses this issue:

https://www.oftwominds.com/blog.html

Jean

Post by Jean »

The spirit of those milenial trees is finaly free and ready to return to the soil. Those oaks now have to hide werewolves and huldras. It was the pain of birth we felt. The pain of being expelled to reality and wisdom. The pain of having to assume one's might and righteousness. I see grass tall like houses. Wolves hungry like boredom. Pure madness and anger unleashed upon death, bringing us back to the purest form of life. Competition is over soon. We'll infuse linden leaf and be friends.

Jason

Post by Jason »

I have no idea what that means but you recite that shit on the banks of Seine and you're getting yourself laid tonight.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I'm having a lot of stress due to my property. Nothing materialisticaly changed, but I realised that even here, I canot trust the sovereign. I paid 1500.- for my construction permit, but I'm doubting my ability to have all the work completed without borrowing money, I'm affraid everything is broken in it and I will be left with a ruin in a few years. Then I don't know what else to buy. I don't feel confortable with cash, because it can lose value, not confortable, with land, because government, not comfortable with a brocker acount, because i could be denied service for political reasons, not comfortable with cryptos, because you can't buy food with them and you require a computer, not comfortable with gold because it's easy to steal. Idealy, i would like to live off radar, pouching, while still keepig my assets to buy stuff I might need. Maybe buying a boat and doing this at sea? It's all very stressfull and it looks like some form of paranoïa. This to shall pass, but I would like to escape global warming, AND the totalitarian changes that will be disguised as an attempt to avoid it.

@Edith
Buzzfeed calling out hoaxes is quite ironic, especially since they don't prove anypoint. They just want those news to be hoaxes. Some of those probably are, but many of them are easy to verify.

prognastat

Post by prognastat »

I think you are being overly neurotic about too many things. What's the sense of worrying about things you have zero control over? This can only lead to dissatisfaction without any resolution.

Cash will lose value as long as countries print more of it(which they always do or at least have since switching to a fiat system).

Given that you have to pay property taxes you don't fully own land and it can be taken. However, in the past this was always the case as before the government protected private property ownership the only property you owned was that which you could successfully defend yourself(I would say the current norm is much preferable).

A boat out on sea there's for more risk of loss to the elements and there's always the chance of piracy also since you wouldn't be able to reliable get produce outside of possibly catching your own fish for meat you would actually increase your reliance on some form of currency either in cash or investments/financial accounts which you mentioned being concerned about above.

If you want to reduce your reliance on actual currency etc possibly increasing the sustainability of your life through growing more produce/raising some kind of source of meat would achieve this though would definitely take some effort. You still are never going to be completely self reliant and will never be 100% secure and you are going to have to come to terms with this.

Just keep in mind that despite many problems we are living better than almost any people at any other time/place in history.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Jean wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:24 pm
Maybe buying a boat and doing this at sea?
The Smelly Swiss Family Robinson

Jean

Post by Jean »

@prognastat
You're probably right. Working full Time is taking a toll on my Time spent sleeping or relaxed (opposed to tired or about to leave) with my girlfriend. I wan't to stick to my word and keep the job till july. I should delay every Big decision until at least then.
In the mean Time, i should go to bed earlier to avoid this kind of panic triggered by trivial évents like m'y chimnee coiffe being flown in the garden.
I've been offered to formally join my gaming group. This would mean i'de have to pay 30.- per month, but 'ide have m'y own keys to the shared local and could store my games and Books there, and maybe my music instruments, which would suppress a Big part of my housing needs

Jean

Post by Jean »

Sleeping and time with GF solve it.
I've got myself a new bicycle. 440.- second hand, simple frame, flip-flop axe(fixed/single speed). It's great. I'm getting fatter tough. I applied for a credit card and got one. 8000.- limit..... They aren't very anxious. It allows me to rent a car for my US trip this fall. Don't know if I'll rent one, cause hitch hiking is sometimes nice.
I've got some anxiety toward going to sleep, because it usually means that next event will be painfully waking up. I didn't know I could experience this kind of irrational behavior.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I really like my bike. I turned the wheel on the fixie side, I still really like it. I need footstraps tough, because climbing uphill is too hard without them. My legs got really massives from work (24.6 inches, close to no fat there, most of my fat is between my gut and my abdominal muscles) and so did my grip strenght. I realise of much work is bad for me. I have suicidal touht again. But I'm very confident that they will go away when I'll be done working. But I need to remember that I should NEVER get myself in a situation where I have to keep a job. I'm really glad to be FI.
My toilet/shower setup is getting closer to completion. It doesn't leak in my wall anymore, so I can leave it underpresure the whole time. It's a pistol trigger shower, the kind you usually use to wash your butt. With this, I use very little water while showering. A great advantage of my setup, is that the dry season is when I shower the most, which ensure that there is always a regular flow of water trough my toilet.
I don't know if I'll do the roof work on my house.

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

I'm sorry about the suicidal thoughts Jean. Have you thought about seeing a doctor? Sorry if this was covered already, I've read your journal but I don't remember everything.

You could try changing the gearing on the bike so it is easier to pedal uphill. Add a tooth in back or drop a couple in front.

Jean

Post by Jean »

@Gilberto
Don't be sorry, I know it will go away so there is no need for a doctor. I think that me being perfectly happy while working 50 hours a week would be a reason to see a doctor. I was just noticing that they disapeared when I left my previous job, and came back within a few months of having a new job.
@bigato
I won't change gears, I agree, but I'll get footstraps.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I don't know either. Riding downhil to town, I lost my pedal three times. It's a bit scary. I've got two brakes so it's still ok, but I need to find a way. I don't wan't to buy so I'm still thinking. Riding to work is 7-8km, kindaflat so I'm ok without them. I don't like clipless (my last bike was a 90's time trial bike with clipless), because then, you need an extra pair of shoes and you can't ride barefoot. My dislike was accentuated by how stinky my feet were after wearing those shoes. My stolen fixie had straps and it was great, I could wear whatever I wanted, barefoot or rubber boots, even ski boots.