Smelly Swiss Dilettante

Where are you and where are you going?
Mister Imperceptible

Re: Smelly Swiss Dilettante

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

Your Toliet Wall is like some read-about feat of military engineering in antiquity. I just hope you don’t impale yourself from the wrong side on that sharp and pointy-looking toilet.

Indeed, enjoying potatoes is amongst the greatest assets in life.

Jean

Post by Jean »

The toilets aren't pointy or sharp. The brick spliters on the ground were sharp, but they now all are in a small concrete slab.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

I had a bucket for my gf
Sign of a true gentleman. My BF makes me bring my own bucket.

It doesn't appear as though rain is in short supply in your region, so you might consider a water catchment system to aid in flushing solid waste down your toilet. Then you could also dilute the urine and close loop by dumping the high nitrogen content in your garden. Scavenge an abandoned water heater, some metal cans, glass and black paint and you could also easily set up passive solar hot water system.

I will post some pictures this month, because I am amused by how similar my rough camp site is to C40's little rental house and your domicile.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Those little dweling have similar dimension, as we do, so there aren't a lot of way to fill those (As noticed when visiting other small dwellings). What makes a difference is if the inhabitant is taller than the dwelling is wide.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I made this video, for those who understand french.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0FbSPNh9mg

Mister Imperceptible

Jean wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:58 pm
If you were happy as a child, the logical conclusion would be to kill yourself as soon as you start to be unhappy.
Are you ok dude? I hope you’re not thinking of anything stupid, like a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

We love you dude.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I'm quite happy. I've been trough wanting to kill myself everyday and thinking it is normal (during my Phd). I was really talking about the logical conclusion of taking the eternal return as stated in the video for true. I don't believe it to be true.
I'm just realising that I don't really want to become a physician because 12 years is too long of a delay for having kids, and I'm not confident that one aditional degree will help me find a role in society and avoid an angry mob from lynching me. I will try to pass the exams, bus as i logged about 144 hours on cities skylines (a city builder video game) on the last 2 weeks, that would be quite a taunt if I were to be in the top tier (which is required to pass to the second year) of my cohort. but I still have a chance to do so.
I don't know what to do with my life, but I'm quite amazed at how confidently my very attractive gf's instinct tells her that I'm a real catch. This is nature telling me that I might have a very important thing to do in the future. Or at least that my genes are likely to be required for mankind to survive what's coming.

Mister Imperceptible

I’m happy you have a girl you feel that way about, what a wonderful thing.

12 years is a long time, you would want to know for sure that is what you wanted to do. Keep trying different things, you’ll find something. Think of her and the children you might provide for. Just keep pushing.

Angry mobs? Lol.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I know I could provide with the ressources I have now. That's part of my problem.

Mister Imperceptible

What’s the problem? Not sure if you want to go thru with it?

Jean

Post by Jean »

What is your next move when all possibilities seem covered for the next 100 years? Think about what could go wrong?

Mister Imperceptible

Even Napoleon Bonaparte could not plan that far ahead.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Yes but what it means, is if everything goes as planed, I'm all set. So all I have to do is think about what could go wrong.

Mister Imperceptible

How long have you been seeing this woman? How old is she? Is she employed?

Jean

Post by Jean »

I'm not comfortable giving personal detail about a third party. So i'll PM you.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I took the advice and went hiking with a note book. I wrote a poem.

Nos cœurs n'ont plus rien à aimer
Nos âmes restent incrédules
La graine ne veut pas germer
Nous sommes bloqués dans une bulle

La culpabilité obèse
Par les lâches prêtres nourris
Dans le vide nous laisse la baise
Pendant que notre futur pourri

Père de tous incarne toi
Dans nos jambes et dans nos bras
Afin que devant nous soit là
De nos ennemis le trépas

Qu'ils ne reviennent plus jamais
Le vide comme seul enfer
Et que tout ce que l'on aimait
Règne à nouveau partout sur terre

Jean

Post by Jean »

So, during, the two weeks before my exams, I played Cities : Skylines, for 150 hours. I got a passing grade in one exam (which would allow me to validate some credit), and a non eliminatory grade in the other one (which allows me to stay in the competition for the 24 seats in second year). But, even, If I'm still in, I think I've got a good indication about my (non)willingness to work for my exams.
I enjoy going to classes, but I should do something else. Since I started school, I finally got my construction permit.
Financially, the wisest decision would be to focus on my house. If I finish the construction work, it will double my income. This would be like saving more than 200'000.-. As an engineer, I could get 90k per year, but my hopes of getting a job are very low. I'm about to phone a construction company. Maybe I could get a deal, in which I work for them, and they build and install my roof windows.
I also have a huge hitch to travel. My gf too. The passive income from the complete house would allow me to travel decandantly, or live comfortably with a few children. So it looks clear, but for some reason, I'm reluctant about calling the construction company.

Mister Imperceptible

Take action

Jean

Post by Jean »

I did, they're on hollydays for one week. I wouldn't work as an engineer for the construction company, but just as a maneuvre (unskilled worker). If I can exchange less than 3 month for my windows, I'm still on the winning side financially when compared. I'll go hiking this week and phone again next monday.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I'll start a trial week at a carpenter this wednesday. Most notable difference is that I now have a reason to go to sleep. I don't feel an urge to travel anymore, maybe it was just a need for new sensations. i'll use the money to pay back the mortgage, get thé 8 roof windows installed, and buy construction matérials. Thé Carpenter has a réputation for working very hard. I'll see if i Can follow.