Smelly Swiss Dilettante

Where are you and where are you going?
Jean

Re: Smelly Swiss Dilettante

Post by Jean »

My garage looks more and more like à chalet. Now i have my own toilets, the roof is Nice, i insulated hakf of the envelope. I'm just waiting for my permit to cut the oppening. Also, my toilet slab blocked some water during à rainstorm and cause à minor flooding in th garage. Glad to see it know rather than when my floor is finished.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Construction works are still advancing well and I had my first day at school today. Don't want to stop yet.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I forgot how enjoyable commuting by bike is. I rode down to the university (18km) yesterday, then to the other city (30km) in the evening, and back to the uni this morning. This alone make it worth studying.
In addition, it's funny to see how different i am from 13 years ago in a similar setting. I came with the idea of keeping a low profile, but I ask more than half of the question, everybody already know my previous studies and military background (it was asked about it in front of everyone). My confidence is not comparable to what it was 13 ago to have. I don't care about not being with other students. etc.....
I will post pictures of my commute and my construction work soon.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Two weeks in the uni. Bike commuting is going to amount to 1000km a month. I'm curious if i'll keep my belly fat. Classes are interesting. I have chemistry, physics, statistics which i already had 13 years ago(physics and stats are still fresh, but some organic chemistry refreshment won't hurt), and biochemistry, embryology and Anatomy, which are new to me. I'm curious about how i'll live in second year when i'll have to move to Geneva or Lausanne... At my place, work is advanving, but i'm invaded by mosquitos. There is no opening, so i probably have a nest inside, but i can't find it.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I made a video clip. I am extremly accurate during chemistry lab work. May Thor liberate you, may Odin possess you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iory0V3NxDs

Mister Imperceptible

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

You’re out of your mind I love it

Jean

Post by Jean »

My mind is quite comfortable here.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I've been listening "en boucle" to "Bon Débarabe" albums. The lyrics are carricaturaly offensive and the music is awesome. It really triggers something.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Ok, I'm motivated to do an update so:
University seems to be going very well. Of cours there are course I already had during my first degree (first year of medicine is a competition, so I have to redo every exams). I haven't forgoten much so I don't bother to go the classes anymore, because the professors aren't very good teachers. I go to organic chemistry, because the professor here is much better than the one I had before, so I understand a lot of thing I didn't at the time.
Embryology is fascinating. The way gene works is more akin to programming than architecture drawing. Basicly, the mom creats a concentration gradient for one protein, which activate a few gene depending on the local concentration, which themselve great a concentration gradient of an other protein, and then further gene are activated only by certain combinations of concentrations for those proteins, and ther is a cascade of those gene activations, where some of those proteins do have an effect beside activating genes, and it leads to complex living beings.
It's also funny to see that we name genes in regard to what default happen when we touch them. GMO technics today are like someone programming by copy pasting parts from another program without having a clue about the language.

With regard to communting, I still love it. I'm back to my previous stamina. Here are some pictures.

I'm also doing good advancement for my construction work. The only thing between me and my permit would be a neighbourg complain and they now only have one week left to complain before I get my permit. I did a lot of work, and I'm just waiting until i get the permit to cut oppenings, like windows and my new door.
Temporary Kitchen

Living room

Bedroom

Guestroom

Map collection (my only collection)

Toilet wall (Reusing brick is not easy, I had to restart twice and it's still looks like modern art about how it would be difficult to rebuild society with the same peoples if we destroy it)

Toilets

Voilà

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

inside of the Jean's HQ looks pretty cosy (much better with light).

could you explain idea of the toilet?

Jason

Post by Jason »

Looks like those bulls are also wondering what the fuck is going on with that.

llorona

Post by llorona »

I, too, am interested in the toilet.

Jean

Post by Jean »

There is only one Bull on my picture.
The toilet are just a rain pipe cut open. It flows into sewage. I squat over the hole and shit. The black pipe is water from my kitchen sink. There is a siphon in beetween to avoid smells. Since the picture, I casted some concrete around the hole slightly unflat tou have the water flowing toward the hole. Every time it rains, my toilets get toroughly cleaned.

Jason

Post by Jason »

I apologize. I'm obviously better versed in bullshit than the animal from which it originates.

Keeping that in mind, I thought you might be dyslexic and read a few key words in your "How to Build a Brick Shit House" manual backwards.

Jean

Post by Jean »

The brick wall deters my tenant to park his car to close to my door.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

why don't you share toilet with your tenant?
everybody needs some luxuries in their life.

Jean

Post by Jean »

That's what I did for a while because he offered it (i would a shat in the forrest otherwise), but he is renting the house, he can expect to not have his landlord in his toilets.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Jean wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:48 pm
The brick wall deters my tenant to park his car to close to my door.
Yeah, and who wants to be literally rear ended.

thegreatvoid

Post by thegreatvoid »

It's refreshing to see something extreme , in a community called early-retirement -extreme .
chapeau !

Jean

Post by Jean »

I had a bucket for my gf, because it's harder for women to aim when pissing, but i ended up using it too instead of aiming, because then, I have someting to flush my shit away.
Also I had some rotten potatoes this spring and I just trew them in my garden. I yielded about ten pounds of great potatoes for 5 minutes work. I love potatoes. Enjoying potatoes is a great asset in life.