Smelly Swiss Dilettante

Where are you and where are you going?
Jean

Re: Smelly Swiss Dilettante

Post by Jean »

Picturing an audience is a great idea.
I need to put in regularity in writing, i'll add it when the sport routine will be in place to stay.

Jean

Escape the FI prison

Post by Jean »

I réalised that being FI, i'm traped at a freedom from optimum. Any move, will result in more obligations. For this reason, i started discussing Moving in together with SO, and as we finally have an opportunity, we'll do do in octobrer.
Thé rent should be around 300.- per month for two. So it's affordable. It will be easier to engage in group activités as it's Closer to thé city where most of those happen. It's a bit further from parents and grandma, but still within biking distance.
Thé great thing about the place, is that it's next to thé Aar river, and one of my best Friends live there with his GF and baby. Hé has many habits i woukd like to catch on, a few i'de better not catch. But overall, it could help me a lot to improve toward what i want to bé.
There is Also a forge, a woodworking and a welding workshop on site, with skilled people.
So it should be great.

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

300.- per month for two - this is really low, how do you do it! :)

How is the book going?

Jean

Post by Jean »

It's juste one Room in a workshop.
Thé Book isn't writing itself, maybe i should help it.

Jean

Post by Jean »

So we got confirmation that we can move in. Thé rent is only 200. I had to remove 2 wisedom teeth and it will cost 900. I worked on an alp for a few weeks, and earned more than enough to pay for the dentist.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Cohabitation with gf is going very well. We are a the end of some waste streams, so food and wood are about free.
It might bé worth studying how i got a very deep social capital with people who have a very wide one.
I start to think that my way of spreading my Idea is similar to how a non monogamous male spreads his genes. I talk to many people with Much more influence than me (and a Much stronger work ethic), and my ideas get spread, even if i lose paternité rights on them. In a way i'm cucking them. I find it quite satisfying.

zbigi

Post by zbigi »

Jean wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:25 am
I start to think that my way of spreading my Idea is similar to how a non monogamous male spreads his genes. I talk to many people with Much more influence than me (and a Much stronger work ethic), and my ideas get spread, even if i lose paternité rights on them. In a way i'm cucking them. I find it quite satisfying.
Hah i did a similar thing recently. I was speaking to a colleague at work who was as dissatisfied with the job as I was and shared with him my (rather fuzzy) dream of switching to an another, much more technically interesting field of software. Since then, I've basically stayed where I am and he retrained (self-study) for that exact field and moved to Switzerland to get a job in it.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I got a few bills for irregular maintenance on my different assets (had to pull 2 teeths out and clean a waste water pipe).
Which makes me very low on cash (is still have things i could sell, and easy acess to credit before selling the house). I'm looking for a job, but I feel like I'm being ignored. This is quite depressing.
Last edited by Jean on Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chenda

Post by chenda »

Jean wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:40 am
I'm looking for a job, but I feel like I'm being ignored. This is quite depressing.
What sort of job are you looking for?

Jean

Post by Jean »

Ya djelayou vsyo.
My main criterion is that it looks like something no one would want to do, so that the recruiter don't have the luxury to ignore me.

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

You did Engineering, maybe become a Maths teacher? There seems to be shortage everywhere.

chenda

Post by chenda »

Jean wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:44 pm
Ya djelayou vsyo.
I'm not familiar with this phrase.

How about translation or interpretating? You are trilingual I believe.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Sorry, I thought i was part of pop culture, it's something a russian job seeker hung around is neck during some crisis. It means "I do Everything"

I already sent my details to every secondary school in my city, but got no answer. They might contact me when a teacher will get sick or burnt out.

I will also focus on night shift in industry.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

Jean wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:16 pm
I will also focus on night shift in industry.
Wow, why? Don't sell your time/health for cheap.

I thought that as smart native person in First World country, your life is a bit easier.

Jean

Post by Jean »

My finance got worse, i started getting a hunting license, and i have to buy expensive guns. I borrowed money from gf (garanteed by my gold). None of thé application i sent got an answer, despite the worker shortage. Fuck them. On the other hand, i will try for a mover job. Hours are very flexible, and thé pay is nice.
I'm also working on some form of outdoor coaching. It won't bé some survival shit. I will teach people all they need to know before throwing themselves on a long hike, like James way(the paths to Santiago), or a french GR. I'm qualified for it, AND, most importantly, i look crédible. I don't look like i could teach math to teenager, or explain why some manufacturing process doesn't work, despite having done it before.
I think a lot of people wan't to do those kind of thru hiking, but they have no expérience, and i have a lot of it, and they might not want to go trough all thé wet and cold night and skinless body parts this experience cost me.
I'll sée. It's not m'y first Idea. I Hope i'll go trough with it.

Jean

Post by Jean »

One question i have is why is m'y journal mostly intersting to Poles?
Last edited by Jean on Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jean

Post by Jean »

@chenda
I moved out of my garage. It's not really a châlet, but it's in a small village, very close to forest and mountain, not far from creek and lake. You'de just have to work out an arrangement with thé current tenant of thé house, because There is no separate électricité and water counter. But There is wifi and hot water.

mountainFrugal

Post by mountainFrugal »

Jean wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:24 pm
I think a lot of people wan't to do those kind of thru hiking, but they have no expérience, and i have a lot of it, and they might not want to go trough all thé wet and cold night and skinless body parts this experience cost me.
I'll sée. It's not m'y first Idea. I Hope i'll go trough with it.
Sounds like a very interesting gig. I had friends do similar things through AirBnB experiences as a way to prototype it. Maybe a place to start? Your journal is interesting to more than just the Polish contingent on this forum.

Jean

Post by Jean »

@mountain frugal Thank you for the interest!

Thé hunting license is providing many services yo my life.
I gives me some structure (about 1 day a week for 2 years).
I learn a lot about nature around me, a bit about weapons.
I'll have a way to get high quality meat.
One of m'y best Friend is doing it at thé same Time, so it's nice to do something together.
Other folks doing thé license are diverse in a very intersting way. Some will probably become Friends or hunting partner. I get to grade with them. I offered to let one camp in m'y forest with his kids, and hé gave me two dozens eggs.
Spending Time outside with people is Always nice, and we often finish with a meal and a few beers.

So it's totally worth the cost.

Besides this, i'm still doing some writing and music. I went on an interrail aventure to Romania and Bornholm.
I think my younger self would bé impressed by how i leave home with a small mat, a sleeping bag, a bottle of water and one extra underpant.
Bornholm was a very good surprise. I had no expectations. I was before thé tourist Season, and it was very quiet. I just slept wherever i found it ok.
I did this before, but i was impressed at how natural it was to go so lightly. I felt very free. I don't Care being cold or hungry. (Being out of water still sucks. Being wet and cold also sucks).

I've been thinking about thé War also. War and peace are like seasons. You need winter to appreciate summer, and vice versa. I Hope people will réalize how nice peace is. I like winter more than summer. But it's incredibly nice to be able to just lay anywhere, and feel warm doing nothing.
I Hope i'll never find out if i like War more than peace.
Last edited by Jean on Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mountainFrugal

Post by mountainFrugal »

What animals are you hunting? Do you track them or sit and wait?