UrbanHermit's Journal

Where are you and where are you going?
TheRedHare

Re: UrbanHermit's Journal

Post by TheRedHare » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:50 pm

Pedal2Petal wrote:Hey it's cool to see this journal from another guy in Vancouver. A few of you in here too. My wife and I just moved from North Van to Burnaby and are paying 960$ for a 2-BR, or 480$ each. I've lived in several places that were as low as 250$/mo in this city. Many single people live in vans in this city for free, I can point you to some youtube channels that is 100% what I would do if I was single. Just my $0.02 ;)
I live in Charleston, SC and my rent so no where near that bad. But I've been thinking about living in a van. What recommendations do you have. Love your websites by the way...great stuff!

Pedal2Petal

Post by Pedal2Petal » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:38 am

TheRedHare wrote:I live in Charleston, SC and my rent so no where near that bad. But I've been thinking about living in a van. What recommendations do you have.
Personally I like Sprinter vans the best because they are roomy, tall and have excellent gas mileage while being "stealth" enough for city use. You can search "sprinter conversion van" and see lots of habitation examples, or run the same search on craigslist to find sprinter homes for sale. You could also live much more comfortably in an RV and park it in an RV park or on someone's land like we did we 9 months in 2014.

wolf

Post by wolf » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:07 am

Hey UrbanHermit, how are you? How have everything worked out?