- Turned 29 years old.
- "Work" is still dull as ever. Basically I just surf the web all day
. My office has been relocated and now I have to share a room with another person. Luckily I'm paid globally, not by the hour, which means I can effectively arrive whenever I want and go home whenever I want and still get paid the same (no matter if I work hard or not). My boss has been promoted and he doesn't really give a damn.
- Looks like I could switch to another department as early as this summer! This is exciting because these guys actually want me to come and they appreciate me for my skills, something that I do not get at my current department. They are located in Tel Aviv, closer to my flat. The downside is that they want me to sign for another 3 years. I'm gonna have to work there too, I won't be able to surf the web as I currently do.
- I realized I have changed a lot in these past two years. Whereas in the past I used to consider myself a highly ambitious person, I currently view ambition as a vice, a negative quality. It causes one to experience so much stress and grief. In a purposeless world, ambition is meaningless.
- Considering some options with regard to increasing my revenue. Thinking about renting out one room in my flat, or cancelling my car lease. My employee pays for gas, insurance and maintenance, however, so perhaps I should reconsider. I only use the car for work because commuting to work by bus is a terrible experience. I also have to do some work related trips to northern/southern Israel and I don't intend to do it by bus.
- I feel the market is too high. This rally cannot well. I cannot bring myself to increase my position. Most of my money is in a local money market fund, and only a small portion in a low volatility global stock ETF.
- I made 177$ off adsense this month, which is 6.5% of my net dayjob salary!
(₪ figures in brackets)
Net Day Job (after taxes, health insurance, car lease): $2,700 (₪9504)
Adsense: $177 (₪623)
Amazon: $23 (₪81)
Total November income: 2900$ (₪10,208)
Food: $130 (₪460)
(comprised of junk food, eating out, vending machines, buying candy, coke and pastries from the workplace supermarket, ready-made sandwiches, Hanukkah donuts, etc)
Electricity (September-October bill): $35 (₪124)
Water (September-October bill): $10.5 (₪37)
Cell phone: $19 (₪67)
Internet: $28 (₪100)
Barbershop: $17 (₪60)
ATM cash: $28 (₪100)
Total November Expenditure
: $269 (₪948)
Total Savings Rate: 92.7%
Goals for December (inspired by m741):
- Avoid coke. This is a serious addiction I've developed since childhood and it has to stop. I will only allow myself one can.
- Go easy on porn. I finally came to see it as a problem. It's my fourth biggest addiction, right after coke, chocolate and the internet. It's bad for my mojo, life energy, well being and social life.
- Read Affluenza
- Use food budget to buy rice and lentils. COOK some Majadra myself and eat it instead of buying shit at stores.
- Finish DuoLingo French class
- Look for creative solutions to deal with noisy neighbors (loud voices at 4am).
- Start running. At least once a week. No excuses.
- Look for one room flats in my area to rent. I want to move out and rent out my 3 room apartment. This should bring extra cash.
- Aim for 250$ a month from adsense & amazon
Net Worth (November 2013)
Money Market Fund: $122,010 (₪429,477)
Stock Index Fund: $16,825 (₪59,276)
Other accounts (Cash, Savings, Accessible retirement funds): $69269 (₪243,828)
Mortgage free apartment - estimation: $284,000 (₪1,000,000)
Total Net Worth (November 2013): $492,210 (₪1,732,581)
Years to retirement: Unsure. I would not define myself FI because I don't have sufficiently high passive income and because I predict my expenditure will rise in the future (possible wife, child, cancer, etc).
Thanks for reading, would greatly appreciate your comments.