bigato's journal

Where are you and where are you going?
Dragline

Post by Dragline »

That was a nice entry -- you seem to be finding some peace and satisfaction.
I thought this passage was particularly metaphorical and lyrical in the context of personal growth:
"The little boulders I'm removing are being used now in two rows to make a "path" from the house to the street. It's beautiful. Well, at least it seems beautiful to me. The smaller rocks, I'm still thinking what to do with them. It seems that I have loads and loads of rocks in the back of the property. I discovered that a small lever (a small pry bar) is more than enough to remove then. But I'm talking about rocks of the size you can carry with your hands, not bigger than that. I'm getting calluses on my hands and satisfaction from this kind of work."

Marlene

Post by Marlene »

Little rocks: you might consider a herb spiral (google search: http://www.mitra.biz/joomla/index.php/w ... herbspiral) It´s a 3-dimensional spiral where on top the conditions are more hot and dry and the lower you get the more colder and "wetter" it gets. This way you can grow very different herbs on one spot using the rocks you already have.

LiquidSapphire

Post by LiquidSapphire »

Hi bigato -

Glad to hear that you are so much better off nowadays. Everything is looking up and going swell! Think of how far you've come... I remember when you used to walk around with a voice recorder in your pocket... I think of you every time I take mine out to record my conversations with my boss... hahaha

Chad

Post by Chad »

Dude, congratulations. Success in any form always feels good.

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

What if the position offered is outside Brazil? Is that possible?

ExpatERE

Post by ExpatERE »

Sorry to hear this bigato :-( Keep your head up though.

LiquidSapphire

Post by LiquidSapphire »

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that option fall away, but... is it that bad? You weren't too excited to go to the city anyway. So it seems like life has made the choice for you that you can just stick it out with the new boss. Maybe that guy with the land will have a change of heart, and even if it doesn't, sounds like he's not long for this world and someone has to own that land, right?
Maybe you should write an ERE blog but in Portuguese and maybe tell people about how you can ERE in Brazil - that might speed things up too :)

Christopherjart

Post by Christopherjart »

that is great news. good luck on the place you love. :-)

J_

Post by J_ »

Bigato, go steady on. After completing you will have two real estate pieces I understand. Did you consider to keep your house after building one on the new plot and renting it out?

I keep my fingers crossed for you untill the 16 th of August.

LiquidSapphire

Post by LiquidSapphire »

Good news Bigato, glad to see it's coming together. So how many days left now if the deal goes through? What's the game plan?

m741

Post by m741 »

Wow, bigato! This is great news... hoping everything goes through with your new house.

J_

Post by J_ »

Glad to hear I belong to your extended family!

altoid

Post by altoid »

Wow, so glad to see that you bought the new houses, it sounds like you have everything lined up. great work!

GPMagnus

Post by GPMagnus »

@ Keeping my fingers crossed for you bigato - I'm pretty sure you'll also be able to grow rice well - even if it takes you 2-3 years to master things, its not an issue while you still work and I think the difference will be that you might have to (at worst) purchase some extra rice if you don't grown everything yourself ... now if you could grow camarão in your stream, I'd come to visit :D

GPMagnus

Post by GPMagnus »

@bigato Sounds really good :) Salmon is really good and so is carp :)

secretwealth

Post by secretwealth »

Wow--gorgeous pics. Where do you live, if I may ask?

m741

Post by m741 »

That's a stupendous view. And wow, your current house really is tiny! Cute cats, by the way.

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

Beautiful location! I had no idea you were in such a mountainous region.

C40

Post by C40 »

Nice garden!

J_

Post by J_ »

Bigato, I was waiting for news since 18 august. But now I see the news! Congratulatons.

So now you can start the life of your dreams, I suppose it will be very hard work and I hope that you report so now and then, how it is going and how you will organize it.
Can you tell us a little bit about the climate in your new place? It must be good for vegetables, as we can see!