What's your ERE goal amount?

Where are you and where are you going?
noskich

Post by noskich »

Initially 400K AUD which would enable relocation to a more relaxing environment and a more enjoyable job, maybe even part-time.

From then on I would not really care about the number as long as I manage to cover the expenses and increase the amount above the inflation rate.

Spartan_Warrior

Post by Spartan_Warrior »

$250,000 and a paid off house. (Value of house means little for my plans, but it should be worth about another 200-250k for a total net worth of 450-500k.) I'll be withdrawing about $1,200/mo. My entire retirement goal is based around freeing up time for me to write, so I'm also assuming a side income here. I'm still working on lowering my monthly expenses as well which should also allow a slightly safer SWR. Finally, I should be eligible for a tiny pension at some point in my 50's.

frugal

Re: What's your ERE goal amount?

Post by frugal »

hi friends

any post to speak about the investment portfolio or how to get profit of cash?

Regards!

Jason

Post by Jason »

500K and a paid off house and I might say fuck it. 750K and a paid off house, you best believe I will say fuck it.

I

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

Minimum requirement: 36 lakh
Under ideal conditions: 48 lakh

thrifty++

Post by thrifty++ »

Probably about $250k. This isnt FI and is only about 10 years living expenses at my current level. Partly because I live in a very high cost of living location. However I need a break and dont think I can wait until I hit big numbers. Will need to have a mini retirement and then resume work later or go semi retired doing part time work.

Frugalchicos

Post by Frugalchicos »

To feel totally confident I won't have to work again against my will...500K and a paid off house.

350K will be enough to be FI. Shooting for it by Spring 2019.

500K some time mid 2020 or early 2021.