7Wannabe5- Take 7- The Money Dimple

Where are you and where are you going?
Alphaville

Re: 7Wannabe5- Take 7- The Money Dimple

Post by Alphaville »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:42 pm
Exactly. I am like a shark at a book sale.
:lol:

i love that image (and know where it comes from, lmao)

--

wait there are 2 ways to read that. i think i read it the more fun way.

[i'm like a shark] + [when i'm at a book sale] - ok, sure, you're on the prowl

but

[i'm (like)] (implied: always) = [a shark at a book sale] - lmao @ shark swimming in the air between the stacks as a given. the metaphor becomes literal :lol:

--

sorta like

but in my head it looks better

Toska2

Post by Toska2 »

All we have is anecdotes so I will share my experiences. I have snowblowed a two block radius after my grandama"s because I felt energetic. Some actually came out to tell me to stop because I was taking their 30 minutes of "me" time. Women that consider me clearly out of their dating range (married, 25 years my senior or I'm too poor) have bought me drinks or dinner because I am a decent conversationalist.

I laughed at my cousin desperately seeking an adult conversation after raising two kids. Like, no shit, to a few most adults ARE kids to other adults. Doing yardwork to have an adult conversation is definitely worth it.

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

is there a new yorker cartoon of a shark at a booksale?

please someone point me to it :lol:

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@Toska2:

I agree that there are many possible motivations. It is likely just reflective of my nature and recent reading list that I jump to “sex” or “energy politics.” :lol:

@Alphaville:

Actually, the spirit animal for my adult masculine energy would be The Snowy Owl, so much more iconic of book sale dynamics. The problem is that I am probably too much in my Deer, Bunny and/or Monkey energy in the Money Dimple garden.

The grouchy old man with whom I currently reside has started actively dating again, so I need to get hustling on either making the Money Dimple semi-habitable or finding other reasonable accommodations nearby.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

I’ve been suffering from some recurring medical problems, but I am feeling better today, so I am going to take a hint from ellarose, whose thread also got me cyclothymic churning on some of my old topics, and take a break from the forum in order to concentrate on my projects and a couple life transitions. However, don’t be surprised if you notice that I sign back in because I will likely also want to do just a bit of biographical babble editing to my old posts. I promise not to remove anything actually helpful towards frugality or dealing with energy descent.

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

Good luck! I will check back in once in a while to see whether you've posted some results. But for now I can just wish you good luck...

Married2aSwabian

Post by Married2aSwabian »

7WB5, hope you are feeling better and getting through transitions Ok. I just wanted to thank you for the heads up on Tawas Point SP. DW and i just got back from 2 nights camping there and it was great. She is interested in birds, but the people that go there this time of year are REALLY into birding ... like major league bird nerds! :D So, now I know the difference between a Yellow Rumped Warbler and a Golden Winged Warbler... and you never know when such knowledge could come in handy. Likely the next time we go back there in May or October.

It’s also kind of more motivation to hurry up and get retired.

Wish you well with the Money Dimple - I’ve been following most of your posts with this project and always enjoy your writing.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

I always know it's time to take a break from The Salon when I hear myself whining too much. Waaah, waah, waah... I need a new relationship. Waaah, waah, waah, ...my projects aren't getting done fast/good enough. Waah, waah, waah...I need to lose umpteen^ lbs again and maybe do a couple crunches. Anyways...

Progress! First note would be that I should always trust my intuition, because I was right about my nice neighbor mowing my lawn. I knew it was some kind of dominant move. Turns out he is interested in buying The Money Dimple from me. I decided I am not (yet) interested in selling, and powered forward. This demolition phase has taken way too long, mostly because I keep dithering on what can be saved. Last week I knocked out the ceiling and totally transformed the space.

Squirrel Nest Remnants:

Kitchen to Roof View North:

Kitchen to Roof View South:

So, now just one more week with Dumpster #4 and the main house should be pretty much clear and clean. Taking out the ceiling has also made the needful carpentry much more straight-forward. So, my rough plan moving forward is June-Carpentry, July- Rough Plumbing and Electric. I've decided that I am going to run all the electric in exposed conduit and get rid of all the remaining over-painted interior window trim, so by the end of July, I should have a semi-functional, semi-habitable exposed wood and industrial look interior.

I also opened up accounts on two different dating apps; the popular more conventional one where females make first contact and one for nerdy poly people where you designate your exact preferred gender identity and sexual preferences etc. I was dithering a bit on doing this because I want to lose some weight and my hair is kind of half orange and half purple, but IMO it's always better to roll with what you've got. Also, there's the truism that if you want to clean your house, you should invite people over for a party :lol: I've already got a bunch of new "connections", so I am pretty certain that I will be able to find a new poly partner, a new Dom, and a new bull before I am done with carpentry phase on the house. My "ex" also contacted me out of the blue and offered to lend me his camper, but my DS32 kind of read me the riot act on doing anything towards reuniting with him. I also need to get in touch with my previous poly-permaculture partner about completing the sale on that project. I did a quick drive by on Mother's Day and this is what it looks like Year 5.5 -early in the season for Michigan.

My little clutch of financial investments are also holding their own, so fingers crossed, I might make it through this summer of renovation with enough stash remaining to allow me to just teach part-time in the fall. I predict zero problem finding my next gig, so in holding pattern for now along with the rest of my many projects which are waiting to be unpacked into their special spaces in new domicile.

@Married2aSwabian: I'm happy you like it! One of my special spots. Tuttle Marsh is another very good birding spot in the area. There's also another very large Federal birding preserve by Saginaw.

AxelHeyst

Post by AxelHeyst »

I've always felt that demo is somehow spiritually linked to what's going on inside. Clearing out the soggy gypboard and racoon nests and whatever else, getting to bare tight(er)-grain studs and beams, starting to see the firm reality of what you've got beneath the surface. You getting any of that with this? Or just ready to be done with dumpster phase? :lol: Thanks for the updates!

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@AxelHeyst:

Totally feeling it! The library ceiling came down first in a big crash of gypsum board and suddenly I was looking up into the lovely boned “cathedral.” I am hoping I can leave the majority of the ceiling open except for the bedroom and bath which I would prefer a bit more cozy/private. Maybe bookcases all the way up between library and bedroom, leaving loft storage space above. The human squatter’s nest which came down with the rubble was actually not unlike the squirrels nest, with blankets, boxes of Cocoa Puffs and plastic water bottles instead of straw and walnut hulls. I just wish I could knock the excess clutter off my body as expeditiously :lol:

I am going to try to continue to limit my The Salon time and keep the ball(s) rolling and/or simultaneously up in the air or...but will continue to post updates at interesting photo/happening intervals.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

She’s back! Finally, finally, finally I got laid, thereby breaking my longest dry streak since 1980. You guys, I gotta tell you, I almost thought I was going to have to put myself out to pasture. Weird late menopause, blobs of weight gain on my belly rather than the usual blobs on my ass, Covid lockdown with partner who never found me all that attractive and now treats me like nothing more than a mooching cuddle buddy, then stricken with terrible feverish dysentery which left me with chronic anal fissure, plus I was so bored I cut all my hair off and fried it to cotton candy like consistency with bad home double process bleach job. I mean, how in the name of the Goddess do you come back from that?!

Luckily, the Goddess also saw fit to furnish this planet with easy-going, cheerful smart-for-a-jock 50-something second generation Italian, stocky shouldered, trim salt and pepper bearded, baseball playing guys who are extremely sexually ambient, and super-eager to honor my clearly stated preference that I want some “old school with muscle.” Then lying afterward in the dim light of the room of suburban strip La Quinta Inn, like Zorba the Greek after a very good meal, he simply states, “Now, I am happy.” And, so my dear friends was I. Because sex is kind of like my baseball, and I really, really did not want to have to hang up my cap at 56.

There will be another post to follow in which I will actually somehow manage to explain how this anecdote and some other recent happenings/insights relate to a section in “ERE” the book.

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

glad for you!

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@ertyu:

Thanks! #freakychubsternerdsneedluv2

I can’t find the section in “ERE” the book which I wanted to reference. My paraphrase would be something like “Don’t just make a lot of social connections. Try to organize a circle or tribe.” Now that I’ve started using the dating app that was constructed by nerdy poly folk for nerdy poly folk, I realize that one of the mistakes I made the last time I was attempting polyamory was analogous to shopping at a conventional garden nursery for your permaculture project. Sure, you can do that, but it’s not as likely to be successful as shopping or swapping at an urban gardening collective and/or specialty permaculture nursery. Also, the fact that most poly people are either into MMF or FFM or both makes it much easier to create a functional semi-circle or system. I’ve also decided that I am going to have an established MF couple and a younger man in my mix, so that my circle doesn’t end up being all peer or older men, which is kind of analogous to having a permaculture project which consists of just an old black walnut tree, and old shag bark hickory tree, and an old chestnut tree.

Biscuits and Gravy

Post by Biscuits and Gravy »

Whoo! Get some, sister! Glad you’re back up on the... horse. ;)

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@B&G:

Thanks! I’m having drinks with 43 year old cutie tomorrow and brunch with a couple on Sunday and seeing the Italian ball player again on Friday. Etc. Etc. I think it’s going to be a fun summer!

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

For better or worse, I think Alphaville may have been correct in theorizing that I am hopelessly imprinted as Boomer in sexual realm, although my DOB, sibling group, musical preferences and bad attitude clearly put me in Gen-X socially. I mean I can tell myself that a 43 year old man is biologically old enough to be a grandfather, therefore not too young even though 13 years younger than me, but then I see Star Wars paraphernalia in his bedroom, and, uh yeah, deal breaker.

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:45 am
Star Wars paraphernalia in his bedroom, and, uh yeah, deal breaker.
why do you hate joy :lol: /s

mountainFrugal

Post by mountainFrugal »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
I see Star Wars paraphernalia in his bedroom, and, uh yeah, deal breaker.
Yoda Voice: "The force is strong with this one..hmm."

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
For better or worse, I think Alphaville may have been correct in theorizing that I am hopelessly imprinted as Boomer in sexual realm, although my DOB, sibling group, musical preferences and bad attitude clearly put me in Gen-X socially.
ah, it's not a theory, i just read you as more culturally boomer somehow, a bit like my older cousins, a bit like the difference between lindsay and sam weir in freaks and geeks... there's a cultural split. maybe you're a cusper, maybe you were just precocious, maybe it's just the internet. these things aren't carved in stone. eg locality or siblings or subcultures or friend groups might play an influencing role.... ? or ?

so anyway, to get to the meat of things lol, did the 40 year old virgin get to use the schwartz? :lol:

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Well, I’m 1965 and oldest of my sibling group*, so culturally I am even more Gen X than Douglas Coupland.OTOH, I started reading adult novels with mature themes: Updike, Doctorow, Roth, Vonnegut at a very early age, and I was a shapely 5’9” at age 13, so I was definitely sexually precocious. One of my first sexual imprints was making out with two slightly older bad boys at the same time at age 14 (thus my interest in polyamory) and my first lover was a 23 year old ski bum I seduced when I was 15. Also, likely because I have mild genetic cyclothymia/hyper-sexuality and I had a good relationship with my very supportive father, sex has always been easy and fun for me. Definitely one of my favorite activities.

However, I was freaking out a bit, because right after going through menopause, I am stuck for a year doing nothing but cuddling in bed with quite physically attractive man who has zip sexual interest in me. I had previously read that a woman’s level of sexual activity in her 70s is directly correlated with her level of sexual activity at menopause. IOW, if you aren’t using it at menopause juncture, it is likely you will lose it. I also was thinking about another quote I read which was “If I had known what my body would look like in my 70s, I would have had a lot more sex in my 50s.” So, I definitely felt compelled to get out there again ASAP.

Anyways, I did go ahead and knock boots with the Star Wars guy in spite of,and actually wasn’t too shabby, but not looking for repeats. I mean, easier for me to close my eyes and not have to see Battlestar Galactica or whatever it was, than to close my ears and not hear some significantly older Boomer guy’s music mix inclusive of Judy Collins or Gordon Lightfoot.

The Italian ball player is only a couple years older than me, but he calls me “kid”, which I actually kind of like, because opposite of being called “M’am.” I know some people feel younger being with younger, but pretty much opposite is true for me. The last time I dated a significantly younger man (I was 44. He was 32.), he exhausted me with his youthful partying habits, and his late night smoking actually caused me to have a major asthma attack. Of course, he was more the depressive hipster musician type that I always used to go for, like my Jim Carroll doppelgänger ex-husband, so no disturbing Star Wars toy induced “did I used to babysit you?” flashbacks with him.

I unexpectedly revealed the baby squirrel nest this morning. Tried to take a pic, but it burrowed further into insulation. Luckily, my DS32 is going to take a couple days and help me FINALLY wrap up this demo next week. I am so done with being covered with itchy filth.

*My younger sisters and my other young Dworkin-style feminist bridesmaids in 1988, actually took me to a Take Back The Night anti-campus rape rally for my bachelorette party and my darkest sister sometimes even called me Breeder when my kids were young, so I do have some tendency to react more sex-positive feminist “Hey, this is a total buzzkill. Where are my male strippers? Why don’t I get a chance to be the objectifier for a hawt cultural minute even?!!”