disk_poets road towards semi-ERE

Where are you and where are you going?
disk_poet

Re: disk_poets road towards semi-ERE

Post by disk_poet »

Thanks :) I got the AstraZeneca. Not sure if that's even active in the US.

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

disk_poet wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:36 am

• Continue to not use washing machine (ERE Skills)
I am currently majorly failing at this one. It turns out, if one does all one's laundry by hand and one has about a month of falling down the depression hole, when one resurfaces one has an intimidating mountain of dirty clothes and not much to wear. With a washing machine (or access to a commercial laundromat, I guess), one can deal with this problem in an afternoon. As it stands, it's me versus the pile, in an epic struggle of... idek what. Pile-ness versus executive function :lol: May the hunger games begin :lol:

disk_poet

Post by disk_poet »

:lol: Stay strong my friend... I know what you mean though. Piecemeal seems way easier than dealing with Mt. Dirty Laundry. I've had that experience too and kept putting it off until the mountain got too big. I also had a personal issue the other week (some family stuff) and decided to just use the machine. I think being pragmatic is key here. Sometimes a laundromat or washing machine will be helpful. I am also planning on keeping one to not scare of potential subrenters of my place. Not sure how ERE friendly they will be.

I am really sorry to hear you fell down a depression hole. That sounds rough. Is that related to the whole job hunt? No need to answer if you don't feel like it of course!

On the cabin front: I did a lot of purchasing :o but some of it used. I opted for a chemical toilet at the cabin which makes me sad but there is no good spot for a compost unfortunately. Also the woman I am dating wasn't instantly convinced and I decided that I can't do everything at once. Sometimes I need to take a step back and compromise to move forward. The toilet is not the hill I want to die on (yet!) :D. I decided composting/humanure will be a version 2 module. I did sort out a mobile router for internet and made some progress on the solar front. I'll try to find some LiFePO4 battery cells and then hook up a battery management system (BMS). Probably this DIY/Open Source one (https://electrodacus.com/). So this will be the first battery I will build. Hopefully it will teach me something.

I am also reading "Building a better world in your Backyard" and I think using this cabin to learn about some stuff is still a good idea. It will allow me to level up and build some skills.

In May there will be the first workshop in this permaculture group where I rented a plot of land. I am also very excited about that and to find out how much produce this plot will actually create. I have no idea what to expect.

mooretrees

Post by mooretrees »

Cool to hear about the permaculture workshop! Really excited to hear what you learn and are able to implement.