Renewed motivation to push for financial independence

Where are you and where are you going?
classical_Liberal

Re: Renewed motivation to push for financial independence

Post by classical_Liberal »

Last edited by classical_Liberal on Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

JenAR

Spending log

Post by JenAR »

$19.80 on a secret present for my partner (in preparation for Christmas)
$10.13 on an ebook for myself (finally!)

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

what ebook is it?

JenAR

Post by JenAR »

The book is actually on a topic I’d rather keep private.

Also made a related purchase today for $101.15.

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

Respect, and no worries. The reason I asked was that I thought it might be interesting if after thinking about it for a month you decided to go for it. Sounds like a purchase you considered well worth it, so I was hoping to get a book rec out of it. Enjoy your book and the related purchase!

JenAR

Post by JenAR »

Ack. I took a sick day today to try to kick a cold that I’ve been fighting for several days, and finished the ebook I bought yesterday :/

I am tempted to buy another, but am instituting a one book per month policy. Books are an area in which I can very easily overspend. Back to obsessively watching my library holds.

On a side note, I found some elderberries and made elderberry syrup a few days ago, and it seems like it might be helping with the cold, although it’s hard to say for certain. I think I’ll try taking it prophylactically throughout this winter. We also just finished off the last of the fire cider my partner made last year, and need to make more.

JenAR

Spending log

Post by JenAR »

$55 hay (to supplement what we’ve scythed)

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

Hi JenAR, how's it going?

JenAR

Post by JenAR »

Hey guitarplayer!

Thanks for asking! Things are going really well. My partner and I recently got engaged and are planning to return to my home state of Texas in September to take over the family ranch. We are getting married in October and will be catering the whole thing ourselves, hunting a wild hog to roast for the reception, building an outdoor kitchen and composting toilets, etc., so that should be lots of fun. Then we will be starting up holistic planned grazing of the existing cattle herd (which should result in a significant increase in income for us) and potentially developing the native pecan grove for commercially productive silvopasture as well as building a natural home. I was also recently deeded a vacation property on the Gulf Coast of Texas by a relative, which is a good opportunity for me to help out my mom. She will rent the house and my truck from me for a sum that will cover all maintenance, insurance, taxes, etc., plus a couple hundred dollars a month, which will still be significantly less than she would pay to rent from someone else, so we both come out ahead, and I can use the place whenever I want to hang out on the beach. How have things been going with you?

RoamingFrancis

Post by RoamingFrancis »

Exciting that you're engaged now! And congrats on the beach house.

M

Post by M »

Just read through this whole journal - this was very entertaining. Realizing someone else can live without the need for money at all really makes me wonder if my attachment to money is a healthy thing or not, lol.

Congrats on the engagement and beach house! You seem like the kind of person who will be successful regardless of what happens in life. :)

JenAR

Post by JenAR »

@RoamingFrancis

Thank you very much!

@M

Glad you enjoyed! I don’t want to live entirely without money, but knowing that I can for periods of time is comforting! And thank you for your kind words.

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

Congrats, I was never a believer in marriage, but somehow got married and even if this is just such an arbitrary thing where one stands in front of a city council official / priest and says 'yes', it felt very good and was a memorable event indeed! You have many great projects going on, enjoy.
JenAR wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:27 pm
How have things been going with you?
Thank you, I am just back from 2 weeks cycling English old cities and national parks and really look forward to go to the garden and see how the nature had taken its course!

JenAR

Post by JenAR »

@guitarplayer

Thank you! We are excited about the wedding and all the projects!

Your trip sounds lovely! And so does the return to your garden. Enjoy!