Daylen's Instinctual Dump

Where are you and where are you going?
daylen

Re: Daylen's Instinctual Dump

Post by daylen »

Another 200+ (mom,dad,kids) type sets from around the world added onto this would be great. Perhaps not too hard to do with wikipedia and other such sources but would take time.

Jason

Post by Jason »

daylen wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:59 pm
There needs to be more generations represented. 2+ trees each with 4+ generations and 50+ people in each tree would be a good place to start but that is going to be tough.
What about these guys.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/p ... 32,00.html

daylen

Post by daylen »

That is the most practical holiday I had never heard of.

daylen

Post by daylen »

Attacking a website project from two angles.

A Write essays across several categories and construct supplementary SVG diagrams. Built a directory of folders spanning several layers to serve as a skeleton for storing content. First layer includes axes, functions, levels, loops, orders, quadras, structures, synchronizations, and types. Levels range from particles to biomes. Synchronizations include miscellaneous levels such as social events, social classes, organizations, and cities. Orders will likely just include the basics of logical levels, abstraction, learning, and teaching without getting much into the actual models.

Essays on each topic will cover existence, uniqueness, identity, and development. Cross-topic essays will cover mutual inclusion and mutual exclusion.

B Develop coding ability by reading and writing programs at different levels of complexity targeted at the MERN stack (Mongo, Express, React, Node). Starting with minimal HTML, CSS, and JS and working up from there.

A + B -> Mock Up -> Static Front-end -> Dynamic Front-end -> Back-end -> Monetized Site

Jason

Post by Jason »

I also don't have any interest in what you are trying to produce, but I can potentially save you a lot of time by giving you a highly opinionated take on what was really going on with the Keebler elves in that tree. PM me if you are interested. But there will be significant costs involved, as this is highly valuable information to those with a vested interest not only in the snack food industry but with the lives of elves.

daylen

Post by daylen »

Open question: What is Jung's type?

It is fairly clear to me and just about everyone else that he uses Ni, Ti, Si, and Fe well. which makes INTP or INFJ the most likely. Yet, people cannot seem to agree on whether he is an INTP with well-developed Ni or an INFJ with well-developed Ti. He considered himself an INTP, but the system has evolved since then.

From what I have read, my intuition is INTP, but I am looking deeper now into his development.

daylen

Post by daylen »

From wikipedia:

"In 1912, however, Jung published Psychology of the Unconscious, which made manifest the developing theoretical divergence between the two. Consequently, their personal and professional relationship fractured—each stating that the other was unable to admit he could possibly be wrong. After the culminating break in 1913, Jung went through a difficult and pivotal psychological transformation, exacerbated by the outbreak of the First World War. Henri Ellenberger called Jung's intense experience a "creative illness" and compared it favorably to Freud's own period of what he called neurasthenia and hysteria."

This right here boost my confidence that he is an INTP to around 75%. I can recognize this transformation in myself and is essentially a pivot point where Ni becomes strong enough to negotiate with Ti in its own terms. At which point, Jung started to integrate into his work Fe-Ni overtones.

daylen

Post by daylen »

Focus on the process of individuation also implies INTP. INTP's start off integrated into society, so late development is dominated by becoming more of an individual. INFJ's (..and much more so INTJ's) start off as individuals, so late development is dominated by becoming more integrated with society. This is focusing on just one sync(*) and should not be taken as too universal.

(*) I am defining as a social level for now. Levels roughly correspond to different epistemological limits.

daylen

Post by daylen »

I can see why many think Jung was an INFJ. If you just go off his work [excluding "Memories, Dreams, Reflections"], then it would appear that his thoughts are well-integrated and purposeful with spiritual undertones (INFJ hallmark). Yet, one thing to keep in mind is that he was 37 when he wrote his first book and this was at a time in his life when he was undergoing a major transition in thought as described by himself. Furthermore, by glancing at "Memories, Dreams, Reflections" it is quite clear to me that Si is prominent in his process. Si is one of the most unconscious functions for INFJ's.

I am fairly confident Jung was an INTP in my idiosyncratic variation of the system. I would still like to explore his works in more detail, though.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

I'm just going to dump this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u69YSh-cFXY Overall, I don't find this "condition" mindblowing/I can easily imagine how this works/I do sufficient amounts of thinking that does not involve an internal monologue.

It's interesting from a stack theory perspective which is why I took the liberty of dumping it here. What if entire functions are just missing? Also see aphantasia.

black_son_of_gray

Post by black_son_of_gray »

Oooo... I'll chime in too with this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNLDpizTrFQ&t=21s

With years of meditation practice, he claims that he has been able to "turn off" almost all self-referential thoughts, particularly emotion-related. If I remember correctly, he's had brain scans which show a different default mode network activity than you would typically see.

daylen

Post by daylen »

:) This is great. Feel free anyone to chime in.

I asked my mom (ESFP, PoLR Ti) if she had an internal monologue. She said almost never, but sometimes she does think about what to say if it is important enough. I can recall on a couple occasions when she needed to do this and talked with me first to help get the words right. Super interesting. I will have to compare with some of my ISFP relatives.

Busy right now, but I will look into these sources later and share my thoughts.

just

Post by just »

This is super interesting and exciting - it's the best to learn about new concepts like this :)

I definitely have an internal monologue. I'm not sure if it ever shuts off - not for long at least. I definitely thought everybody had this. Having conversations in your head, etc. Just stumbled upon aphantasia, too - I also thought everybody could picture things in their mind. Does anybody know how prevalent these things are? Can't google it, because I'm just heading out the door. I'll make sure to ask the people I meet today about this stuff.

I have recently started doing mindfulness meditation, and I feel like the goal of that is to shut off or turn down or at least be aware of this inner monologue. I can imagine that this doesn't make sense if you have no monologue? I think some people also mentioned this in the meditation thread on this board.

daylen

Post by daylen »

I asked my mom what goes on in her head. At first she was hesitant (..like here daylen goes again..), but after I insisted she said she would think about it. After a few hours I asked if she thought about it and she said that she cannot describe it. It is also quite clear that she ALWAYS needs to be doing something. This mirrors that girl in the video (likely Se-dom as well).

I would say I have an internal monologue like 95% of the time. Almost all of that is in a neutral tone of voice which is mirrored in almost all of my posts. Every now and then I have bits and pieces in a 'non-neutral' tone that are quickly deconstructed by the neutral voice, but sometimes they linger and very rarely seep into my behavior. I suppose these are my 'feelings'. :?

The other 5% of the time would be Se/Si or Ni/Ne. I experience Ne mostly in the monologue but also with visuals that do not really represent anything. For instance, I might imagine a torus morphing into a ball and back again for no reason at all (other than to simulate thoughts, I suppose). Ni happens less than 1% of the time (as I distinguish it) and involves more meaningful visual imagery that actually gives me direction. Si is fairly common (nearly 10% since it can be done in parallel with Ti) and essentially just tells me when to eat, sleep, move, workout, and so forth. Se happens in short bursts only when I absolutely need it. I mostly avoid this function.

daylen

Post by daylen »

A quick search concerning aphantasia says it occurs in 1-3% of population. I wonder about how the intensity distributes across the population. I saw a scale from 1-5 where 1 is "you only know that you are thinking of the object" and 5 is "perfectly clear and lively as real seeing" (VVIQ). I would say that most of my visuals are 4. I will have to ask my mom about this later.

Also saw a correlation between VVIQ and deactivation of the auditory cortex which seems to match up with my experience.
Last edited by daylen on Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

daylen

Post by daylen »

Previously, I thought I used Se well (one of the first threads here were I discussed cognitive functions with Jacob :) ), but now I know that I was mistaking Si and Se in the following way..

Se immediately engages with external objects and becomes "one with them", and this allows for accurate [as opposed to precise] manipulation/integration with those objects. Si forms a dichotomy between the body and external objects, meaning that the objects are not directly engaged with but are 'located' for potential interaction. Overtime, Si can more precisely define the position of objects relative to the body and store this information in the hippocampus.

So, I was recalling at the time how I could remember the layout or blueprint of hundreds of different buildings and was confusing this with Se when really this was my Si 'mapping' the territory. I can navigate this map to resurface old memories in a very ordered fashion.

In opposition, Se heavily uses the cerebellum (the mini-brain part of the brain that controls fine motor movement).
Last edited by daylen on Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

daylen

Post by daylen »

You can also see the Se/Si distinction in sports. Fast-paced team sports are dominated by Se, because quick, accurate movement is much more important than slower, precise movement in this context. Si can be found in solo sports that require precision such as golf, bowling, marksmanship, and so forth that many people do not consider fully as sports. :)

daylen

Post by daylen »

About half way through that podcast with Gary Weber. In contrast to a lack of monologue or aphantasia, this guy seems completely normal to me. I have more or less always been this way so it is not surprising. I can count on one hand the number of times I have expressed anger and these all had to do with people annoying me.

daylen

Post by daylen »

The above 95% monologue did not factor in Fe or Te. Now that I think about it, I will engage Fe like 5-15% of the time but often this will be highly coupled with Ti so it is harder to calculate. There are times when I seem to be 'purely' listening/reading what other have to say, but I doubt that my Ti ever really stops judging in the background. Seems to be quietly waiting for a red flag to become conscious (inconsistency detection).

I think Te happens every now and then where I try to configure a plan of action or optimize a procedure but not that often. Obviously, this is more frequent when I have strenuous objectives to meet. Hard to put a percentage on this.

daylen

Post by daylen »

Finished the video with Gary Weber. All of the thoughts he is sharing I have had as well (monism, non-attachment, etc.) yet this is precisely the kind of logic that got me trapped during my acid trips. In my experience, this logic is a dead end, equivalent in some sense to 'faith' or 'happiness'. Not saying that he does not actually believe what he is preaching, but it does seem a bit too extreme with no doubt present.

At one point he said "what logically follows" indicating attachment to a flawed narrative. His description is still built on attachment to the idea that one is better than two (Occam's razor), so it is self-contradictory if all "logic" is a linear, causal impression of "reality". Unless reality=logic, but this would imply omniscience and obtainment of the sixth order of consciousness.

I cannot be entirely sure of any of this, but I feel compelled to share my thoughts. This guy is trapped in one of those local anxiety minimums I described earlier.