- Savings rate - 92% (This compensates for the negative savings in month of March. Increase in income came from sale of my employee stock option.)
- Safe Withdrawal Rate - 2%
- Passive income - 3%
- There has been steep recovery in price of my company's share, and I have sold good amount of shares that vested in Jan/Feb of this year. I was put back on my savings plan due to tax consequence of employee stock vesting that happened. Additional taxes were deducted from my salary even though I had not sold those shares.
- I am still 10% down from the Feb 2020 peak in my Vanguard IRA investments. VGHCX investment has recovered, while VEIRX and VGSLX are still down from the peak. I have done Roth conversion of few VGSLX units in IRA to my RothIRA account. As VGSLX is still 30% down from the peak, I saw this as good opportunity for Roth conversion.
- Completed reading of "The Intelligent Investor" book by Benjamin Graham. Skipped reading of Chapter 16 onward, as they were more focused on plan for Enterprising Investor. I intend to manage large chunk of my investment as "Defensive Investor", and go with passive approach of investment through Index fund. I intend to transfer my funds in sector based fund (VGHCX and VGSLX) to S&P500 based index fund by end of 2020. I will keep some of my investment (~ 10%) in IAU.
- With some of my employee stock options sold, I now have fund to close one of my home loan. Loan closure process has been initiated with the bank. It will take 2 weeks time to complete it.
- Lock down is slowly getting lifted in large part of India now. Small retail shops have been reopened and malls are going to open up from June 8th. BSE SENSEX has recovered half way from march loss in the hope of increase in economic activities.