Zankas poker-journal

Where are you and where are you going?
Zanka

Re: Zankas poker-journal

Post by Zanka »

Updating again with almost 2/3 of the month done. Had a breakeven stretch of a few tousand hands last week and did not execute as well as I did the first 10 days. I identified a few things I did poorly and focused only on doing those things correct and am now back on track. It has been a great month so far and I am crushing my games to a very high degree so I could move up in stakes if I wanted to.
But I have decided to mostly play the 50$ buyin games for a while longer to build up more confidence and stability. I believe my hourly is up to a fair bit over 30$/h now (taxfree) so that is just awesome.

Other than that I have kept working a lot on myself and am working out, doing yoga, meditation, sleeping better and better and just enjoying spring-time. So freaking happy that I made the jump. :)

It is going to be a new journal record for sure, stay tuned ;)

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

sounds like you're crushing it dude, good work :muscle:

Bankai

Post by Bankai »

Sounds great, keep up the good job!

Zanka

Post by Zanka »

May:
This has been the best month in forever. I am getting deeper into meditation and breathwork again and it is amazing how powerful these tools are. I have been working with a "coach" with this for 3 months by now and the changes has been huge.

I quit my job May 1st and has been playing poker fulltime this month, it has been a big change in my life and it has taken me some time to adjust and find new patterns. The first weeks I mostly slept haha.. I have had trouble sleeping for a few years and not it seems like I finaly can get enough sleep. This is huge.

Poker: I played 50k hands (aimed for 60k) and am happy with this even tho it is "only" 110 hours or something like that. I am happy with it partly because my hourly has been 40$ so I ended up making *drumroll* 4.6k. A new record for this journal. :)
It is crazy tbh. I worked maybe 130h (with off table work) and made a lot more than I did with working+poker for 200h or something.
My performance has been well over expectation and I am very proud of myself to start of this new path in this way. Now it is summer so I wont push for too many hours but in the fall I will def go for some 200h months and I that would help my FI plans greatly.

Other than that I am having a blast with my daughters, and have more time for friends, working out, cleaning, and all that stuff.

I did not make my savings goal for 17k by the end of May but at least I got to 13k and I am happy with that.

I read a thread here on or MMM about this concept that your savings could be expressed in a number of days/year one could be FIREd. So if I live of 50$/day I need (50*25) 1250 invested for every day if the year I am FI. This is what I will use to share my finances.

May:
This month I bought (invested) myself 1.5 days of FI.
Total (invested) days of FI: 7.5

Jiimmy

Post by Jiimmy »

Nice month there Zanka! Those are some great results.

Zanka

Post by Zanka »

@Jiimmy Thanks!