bostonimproper's journal

Where are you and where are you going?
bostonimproper

Re: bostonimproper's journal

Post by bostonimproper »

After two months, I think I'm finally past the worst of it at work. Also, I cut my husband's hair for the first time today (undercut with a fade). I think I did a pretty good job.

And, uh, that's been my entire life.

In money news, my net worth has finally gone back to its pre-COVID peak. I'm still not actively rejiggering my asset allocation back into index funds. I am still stunned/astonished/confused by the market rebound. In any case, I feel like I missed a big opportunity to throw some money into AAPL while it was down (its late-2019 run-up is a little bonkers too). With the US-China tensions beginning to escalate, I increasingly think the future of financial markets will rest on a private company that's able to expand into both markets to bridge market segmentation. Yes, I'm still yammering on about Apple setting up its own stable coin.

Hope all are staying safe and healthy.

bostonimproper

Re: bostonimproper's journal

Post by bostonimproper »

I'm not really sure what happened but in the past week I've become completely disinterested in my work. It has gone back to a thing I do for money rather than what I want to focus my time on. I think part of it is that the big hurdles/challenges of getting a team started are over and now we're in the grind-it-out phase which I find a lot less interesting.

In any case, my mind wanders. I've been looking at remote activities to do with my Little Sis, and found some STEM kits that might be fun (build your own stereo, headphones, flashlights, etc.). It's inspired in me a desire for more gadgets and activities to entertain myself and maybe do as date nights with my husband. I want to get a DJI Mavic Air 2-- it might be fun to fly around and see a city I can no longer really walk around peacefully in. Or a 3D printer to make... stuff? In any case, I'm sure this frenzied interest will pass soon enough.