Possible jobs for semi-retirement

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
Jin+Guice

Re: Possible jobs for semi-retirement

Post by Jin+Guice »

@Michael_00005 did you ever pull the plug? I have some experience working part time and I've found it's relatively easy to find PT/ contract work once you know you're looking for it. Unlike MegaCorp USA jobs, the more you change jobs the easier it gets.

It also sounds like you've got most, if not all of your ERE money saved up... so you don't really need a PT job and are just doing it for fun? The power of FU money and not worrying about your "career" makes working much more pleasant. As a recovering careerist I've had trouble wrapping my head around the fact that I can just walk out the door if someone really pisses me off with few if any consequences. I like the idea of taking jobs to try and learn new skills and make a little extra cash rather than simply working for a paycheck.

It seems like based on your original post that you are seeking an outdoor job in which case park ranger or some sort of gardener/ landscaper/ arborist may be ideal as others have suggested. I'm sort of surprised that no one suggested Uber/ Lyft driver. If you're seeking an outdoor job this is probably not much better than the cubicle but it seems like a good way to make some extra cash if you are in need. Is tour guiding (hiking or biking) a thing where you're located?