Expenses Less than Zero / [Negative] Cost of Living

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
ThisDinosaur

Expenses Less than Zero / [Negative] Cost of Living

Post by ThisDinosaur »

Own a duplex, then rent out one unit and live in the other. Put some solar panels on your roof, then sell most of the power you generate back to the grid. Grow your own food, sell some of it for profit.

What are some other ways to make the price of your wants and needs negative? Do you have any experience with any of the examples I listed?

http://www.profitableplants.com/8-most- ... s-to-grow/
"Oyster mushrooms, for example, produce around 25 pounds per square foot of growing space in a year’s time. At the current price of $6 a pound, that’s $15,000 worth of mushrooms from a 10’x10′ space! Exotic mushrooms do not travel well, so small local growers will always have an edge over distant producers."

Bill

Re: Expenses Less than Zero / [Negative] Cost of Living

Post by Bill »

Getting paid to housesit? My mum does it and normally she gets paid a modest amount and also gets to eat anything in the house.

EdithKeeler

Post by EdithKeeler »

Become a kept woman, find a sugar-daddy to pay all my expenses.

IlliniDave

Post by IlliniDave »

Well, it's a trivial answer but my net living expenses are substantially negative because of my job. A hustle is a hustle.

ThisDinosaur

Post by ThisDinosaur »

@Edith
Creative, but since I *am* a sugar-daddy (my wife is a stay-at-home mom), that one won't work for me.

@Dave
I'm in to this FIRE thing so as not to be dependent on a "job." I'm okay being dependent on the sun, the food chain, and property rights.
http://www.heritage.org/index/property-rights