FreedomPop

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
Ego

Re: FreedomPop

Post by Ego »

@sclass, funny coincidence. Last night I installed the Mint sim and the phone showed no sim insalled. Called mint and support was terrible. Said the phone wasn't unlocked. Then said it was geo-locked by my last carrier. Then made up another excuse. Got tired of listening to the BS so I hung up and was going to cancel today. This morning I installed the second promotional sim card they sent. Worked like a charm. Now I've got to call them to transfer the service. Ugh! Hopefully things will go well with the 3 month promo.

Scott 2

Post by Scott 2 »

I'm 3 months in on Mint Mobile. It's not perfect, but it's been a better overall experience than Republic Wireless (sprint network) was. Fewer spam calls. Less headache from the phone switching between wifi and cell, which tended to cause talk and messaging issues.

Access to 3 gigs of monthly data (coming from 500 megs) changed how I use my phone. Rather than cell data being a last resort, I now use it for whatever I want, whenever I want. It's nice.

theanimal

Post by theanimal »

Mint Mobile is currently offering 3 months free with the purchase of 3 months of service as part of a Black Friday deal. 6 months of 4 GB/mo for $45. Not bad. I believe it renews after that at the regular $15/mo rate.

ETA: I might be mistaken on renewals. If I'm understanding what they're saying, they say if you renew for 12 months you will renew at the introductory 3 month rate. So in this case, that seems like ~$8/mo.