How many of you wear glasses or contacts?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
Mister Imperceptible

Re: How many of you wear glasses or contacts?

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

Someone told me about Firmoo. I haven’t pulled the trigger.

Not sure how I feel picking a pair without trying it on first. Has anyone had issues getting a pair that didn’t fit or look right and then return it?

Lemur

Post by Lemur »

luxagraf

Post by luxagraf »

Ego wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:40 pm
I've had good luck with https://lensesrx.com/ for re-lensing second hand frames with my prescription. Very inexpensive.
I believe it was you who turned me onto this a few years ago. I've done it several times now, great results. I second the recommendation if you already have frames you like.

Eureka

Post by Eureka »

I got glasses for nearsightedness while in high school, but dropped them again after a few years by doing eye, concentration and yoga exercises. Now more than 40 years later, I still don't own or need any glasses. So yes, it is absolutely possible and does not even take that much effort to keep your eyes strong and in good shape. Highly recommended for so many good reasons. Really wonder why not more people do it.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

Mister Imperceptible wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:43 pm
Has anyone had issues getting a pair that didn’t fit or look right and then return it?
Perhaps find something like https://lenskart.us/pages/compare-looks where you could try on frames and sizes.
Edit to US link.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

The box from Warby Parker with the try five for free special arrived today. I have a broad face and the extra wide pairs I ordered fit great compared to off the shelf glasses. They are also lighter on my nose. None of the pairs that fit, however, are available in colors I like. I think I'm going to send these back and wait for different colors.

In the meantime, I ordered cheapo glasses from Amazon. For less than $20, I got nice looking readers that fit well. They are very heavy though, so I'll have to order better quality glasses and keep these for spares.

Mister Imperceptible

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

@fiby41

Would that scan produce MI Deep Fake?

If I get glasses from one of these places like Firmoo will everything I see get sent directly to Chairman Xi’s phone?
XI VISION

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

@MI I have not been authorized to either confirm or deny that.