ERE/INTJ as learning disorder?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
Steve Austin

Post by Steve Austin »

Cutting this over from the Eating & Going Out thread.
I, too, have poor hearing in noisy places, but otherwise hear well, and I even have (amateur) musical training. Here is a semi-relevant article, pertaining to the thread subject:
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 071510.php

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Sounds reasonable. I don't have a whole lot of bar scene training. This is also DW's theory. I spend very little time in environments with lots of simultaneous talking.
In terms of music, the only lyrics I know are pretty much "Row, row, row your boat". However, I can follow the music several layers deep and that's usually what I latch onto when I listen to music. In fact, I prefer music in languages I don't understand to keep from being distracted.
I find a lot of music is unstimulating, because it only has 5--6 layers (voice, drums, base, lead guiter, second guitar or keyboard).
(I used to play the piano. I made some compositions in my early 20s using cakewalk and a midi keyboard. People thought they were pretty good. Same method but several orders of magnitude below Ronald Jenkees though. Several weeks ago I got inspired to acquire a ukulele. Those efforts are currently tanking.)

NYC ERE

Post by NYC ERE »

@jacob: Ukulele = awesome. That's the perfect instrument for living in an RV! There are some pretty charming uke-based songs from the early 20th c. I don't know any of their names, but I feel like that was its heyday, unless you like Tiny Tim.

Robert Muir

Post by Robert Muir »

Speaking of INTJ disorders; if you have Netflix streaming, check out a Brit TV series called The IT Crowd. It's about a couple of IT guys who work out of the basement of a big corporation. They're managed by a "normal" female manager who happened to mention on her CV that she knew computers. Anyway, an example episode is one where they find this website where they can subscribe to daily updates of normal things they can bring up in conversation so they can pretend to fit in with, well, normal people. Pretty funny stuff.

Marius

Post by Marius »

@Robert Muir I agree, The IT Crowd is fantastic!