Personal Finance: The antidote for financial Freedom

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
fiby41

Personal Finance: The antidote for financial Freedom

Post by fiby41 »

I found this 7 hour course on udemy which is free for the next 15 hours.

Persönliche Finanzen: Die Anleitung für finanzielle Freiheit

Unfortunately, it is in German which I don't comprehend, but I guess it means Personal Finance: The antidote for financial Freedom.
Fortunately, there may be some people who understand German that might find it interesting.
Even better, you could share highlights, key findings, 'aha' moments you get from it by replying.

https://www.udemy.com/course/personlich ... 2F995E71D3

Note: the coupon code in the link is as I found it, you can also enter it manually if you so choose. I am not affiliated to the platform or content creator in any way. Although I'd like to mention you can enroll now (without providing any card information) and complete the course at your leisure.

There seems to be a country specific section (on TIPPS) also besides general principles in the course.

NuncFluens

Re: Personal Finance: The antidote for financial Freedom

Post by NuncFluens »

I'm german, but I found this too late. From reading the curriculum it seems pretty standard personal finance 101. The title would be "The financial independence manual", as "Die Anleitung" is basically "the instruction manual". As far as the curriculum goes he's mostly focusing on absolute beginners (early chapter titles are "myths about being rich, money and improving your financial situation" or "the most important emotions that control your financial decisions"), including the 30 day challenge to save 500€ this month. The investing part is touching upon bonds, ETFs, stocks and real estate, so that's pretty standard, too. As far as I can see he's doing a good job, though. I might have benefited immensely from this, had I watched it 8 years ago.

What annoyed me a bit was that cookie cutter phrasing that you mostly find among german content creators and affiliate marketers. It's super recognizable because it's so unnatural, so that always puts me off these days. Overall I don't think you missed much that couldn't be had from reading financial blogs.

The only thing about TIPPS I could find, by the way, was "save 500€ with these tipps", which doesn't seem too specific to location as far as I can see.

Salathor

Re: Personal Finance: The antidote for financial Freedom

Post by Salathor »

When I read TIPPS I thought it meant TIPS, the treasury inflation protected securities.