Systems!- Level 6 towards 7

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
figmenter

Re: Systems!- Level 6 towards 7

Post by figmenter »

@G+J I found the article from AppleSeed Permaculture on eight forms of capital to be very enlightening.

7Wannabe5

Re: Systems!- Level 6 towards 7

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

I tend to think of flows, or vectors, as existing aspects of general environment which can be thoughtfully influenced or interrupted to create yields towards stocks. One important, sometimes neglected, difference between a yield and a stock is that a stock must have an appropriate storage vessel or associated maintenance cost/schedule/routine. So, for instance, wind is a flow/vector and its effects can be mitigated with windbreak or interrupted to create yield with windmill towards stock in storage batteries. Rain is a flow in the cycle of water which can be interrupted and influenced through the creation of berms and swales. And, as Heather Flores noted in “Food Not Lawns”, masculine form sexual energy is a form of flow or more obviously if you consider universal symbology, a vector in cycle that is analogous to rain, which can similarly be interrupted and stored as stock in appropriate attractive vacuum analogous to swale. IOW, anything that is driven and directional may be regarded as a flow or vector, and the more driven and directional it is, the greater its potential for destruction and/or useful power generation or generativity of stocks such as bricks, seeds, genes, memes.

ETA: An attractive vacuum for a flow can also be imagined as a massive object deforming the field. I think I manifest a good deal more functional level variance than most members of this forum, but on a high functioning day, I am on whatever level you are on when you think about the overall field and how to de/re-form it to create system of flows that are more to my liking.