Thinking of going on a nature trip once this pandemic is over

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
catpepper

Thinking of going on a nature trip once this pandemic is over

Post by catpepper »

It's been really stressful hole up at home and everyday I'm either having takeouts or deliveries unless i actually have time to cook. Definitely looking to get out there and take the mental load off once all curfew and lockdowns are over.

I'm thinking of heading to taiwan for a couple of weeks. Check out some of the scenic areas and national parks.

Itinerary:
I'll be doing a clockwise trip around the whole island. I'll spend a couple of days around taipei, then camp at yangmingshan for a while. after that I'll head to Pingxi and head to some of the hiking and waterfall trails. I will then head to Yilan, Taroko Gorge, then to Taitung and all the way south to Kenting and then back up from the west side from Kaohsiung, Tainan and short detours to Shei Pa and Sun Moon Lake and then back to Taipei.

I'll be backpacking and staying mostly in hostels as well as sleeping out in the open.

I'm leaning towards getting a tent but I also saw one of these multi-functional camping hammocks which is much more compact and light-weight.

https://www.thebrokebackpacker.com/wp-c ... 68x580.jpg

Are any of you planning a trip as well?

Alphaville

Re: Thinking of going on a nature trip once this pandemic is over

Post by Alphaville »

i just want to go to a decent bar and hear some good live music

http://www.theottobar.com/calendar/

http://www.blackcatdc.com/

catpepper

Post by catpepper »

Yeah. I miss having beer on tap. Maybe I'll get a 6 pack later just to ease my craving a little.

Aspirant

Post by Aspirant »

I am thinking about being more in the nature for the whole summer. Covid stuff is pretty non- existent in northern Finland. We just don't have the population density to get a decent outbreak.

I went to a national park for a weekend fishing trip. This week we were in remote cabin with family. Rowing a boat in the lake and fishing perch with my kid. Tried flyfishing in a small river.

Maybe a few more fishing trips to be planned 🙂 And at least one berry picking trip with family.

Nature stuff is all the rage this summer in Finland... Also pretty ERE-friendly. Whole last week cost about 150 € for 4 persons. Plus gas about 40 €. We ate 3 meals of fish we caught and got about 50 € worth of cloudberries in the freezer.

catpepper

Post by catpepper »

@Aspirant

Yeah, I heard Finland is doing well with the pandemic. Do you guys have to wear masks when you're out?

Seems like your trip was pretty eventful btw.

Aspirant

Post by Aspirant »

People wear them in Southern Finland and if they have flu symptoms. In my home town no-one wears them. During the spring, Asians wore masks (because they are smart that way) but now not even them. We got like 3 new cases last week (population 200k in the city).

The trip was actually decidedly non-eventful and I like it. Just winding down from work mode to holiday mode. I am trying to find contentment from less and just chilling out in the nature. The one night of fly fishing in the remote creek was just worth a week in therapy 🙂

Aspirant

Post by Aspirant »

The Northern Finland wilderness is probably one of the safest places to be in the world at the moment. And what I have read it is also a top fly fishing destination. Never really thought about it because I grew up in there.