Emigration

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
chenda

Re: Emigration

Post by chenda »

Seppia wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:01 am
I have a fairly thick Italian accent, think super Mario voice :)
Definitely nothing wrong with that ;) I'm also surprised just how cheap Palermo is...interesting

Freedom_2018

Post by Freedom_2018 »

RealPerson wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:14 am

For those interested in retiring in Mexico, I highly recommend the website of an early retired Florida law enforcement officer who moved to Quintana Roo in 2015: qroo.us.
Thank you for the website. Haven't visited Mexico yet but is on our list of potential places to spend some significant time outside the US post Covid.

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

Bankai wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:13 pm
We're considering working for a bit longer so we can afford to spend winters somewhere in Mediterranean. South of Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey and Cyprus are all much cheaper while also having great weather (15-20C this time of year). I'm not sure about moving permanently as there are benefits to having UK tax residency: income from ISAs is taxed elsewhere in the world, personal allowance is different/lower, state pension is only adjusted if you live in certain countries. Also, summer here is actually quite nice.
My thinking also. I still like to look at helpx, couchsurfing and a network of friends and think that this would be doable for £500/month/person.