What are you doing during the confinement ?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
sky

Re: What are you doing during the confinement ?

Post by sky »

The past few days I have been making moccasins. However, I have no leather so I am using sailcloth from a sail which mice ate and ruined. I have made a few patterns but they are still not coming out well. At least every version is getting better. I may wait a few days before continuing because my fingers hurt from pushing a needle.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

Exhausting 1.5GB a day. Translates to 9 hours of video streaming on Auto (480p). Turning up the clarity to burn through faster. Laptop used to go Full HD (1080p) for 4 hours before breaking down which sent me back to mobile which only supports hd (720p) for 6 hours.
Sometimes i reminisce when I had the 2GB/day pack (now called the work from home plan) but if I buy it now it'll kick in gear after the current annual rental runs out.

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

this past weekend i was learning to brew alcohol in practice (not theory)

not sure where my yeasts are going yet, but i got a cloudy apple juice and what looks like the beginnings of a rum wash

using a very lo-fi process, no hi-tech sanitizers, all very rustic

chenda

Post by chenda »

I'm been so unusually friendly with people I walk by during my government approved daily walk that every guy thinks I'm flirting with them. And after four weeks of lockdown I probably am...

I expect we are currently seeing a rapid drop in STD transmission, which may be followed by a post-lockdown STD spike 🤔

Lemur

Post by Lemur »

@Chenda

We're going to have a "Generation Corona" :shock:

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

Yeah. Probably. I wish I had something to do with it.

sky

Post by sky »

I started my microgreen robot again, I hope to have some microgreens to sell at my plant sale.

I will start sewing another backpacking quilt today, this one including everything I learned from the previous 2. Hopefully lightweight, not bulky and warm.

I have been doing Salesforce training for a few days. The training program is very good. I am hoping to learn to configure the app and maybe get remote work. I am not really into sales but I like working with databases and web technology.

I am making progress on my proa/catamaran design. It is at a point where I could build it from the crude CAD sketches, and I think it would work well. It is a 23 foot plywood junk ketch canoe hull made from 4 foot wide panels, which makes it easy to build. It could be sailed as a shunting outrigger proa for a minimal ocean cruising boat, or a second canoe hull could be built and sailed as a biplane junk ketch catamaran. I don't plan to build it at the moment because I am a caregiver and can't leave home for more than a few days, but I am building a model.

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

most of my shelf-stable supplies have arrived, my apartment is clean again, my brews are fermenting nicely, workout space is restored, i’m just waiting for some storage shelves later this week to organize things.

i’m taking it easy this morning, watching netflix on a short-term subscription, looking out the window at the sunny sky, will grind and brew some coffee in a bit.

later i’ll be editing some documents for a project that’s due in a few weeks.

later i have to determine a soil mix for my herb garden, order soil, and determine when & where to plant.

the last 45 days or so have been a rush of catching up to prep and i think i’m finally able to slow down a bit, which is a nice feeling. amazing how time flies when you’re busy, it feels like it was a mere 15 days.

eta: i also might be able to finally read some magazines in peace.

sky

Post by sky »

https://imgur.com/a/Pz1IOoL

The finished quilt...

_bb_

Post by _bb_ »

Productive things: reading, organizing/de-cluttering apartment, cleaning, drawing, playing guitar, trying to conduct some experiments, learning to design with CAD, yoga, strength training

Non-productive things: Youtube rabbit-holes, reddit scrolling, playing online card games, netflix binge watching, lounging about.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

We're not really confined here. I can still go meet a friend at a park and go for a walk. Just have to maintain distance. It sucks but at least we're not trapped in apartments.

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

We’re having a quarantine party with great music, killer homebrews (hopefully not literally :lol: ), glorious sardines, GOOD PASTA! (with tomatos from Indiana), charred broccoli, etc etc.

Planning some sort of dessert with oatmeal and blueberries and cream. Yes, it’s canned cream, you gotta be grateful for whatever you can get.

I ate my last Irish butter today but it will return to my table soon... soon enough anyway lololol.

Lemur

Post by Lemur »

Did house chores I've been neglecting....pulled out dryer, took it apart, cleaned it. Took a storage cabinet that has been sitting at my Grandfather's place for years and put that in my kitchen; now all my canned goods, rice, beans, lentils, soda cans, other cans, etc all sit on these shelves. I like this look. Our kitchen is more spacious. What else ...patched holes, sanded, need to paint eventually. More gardening. Remembered how to make Red Rice again.

Quercus

Post by Quercus »