"swallowing" ​b​lackpill, overcoming it; moving forward; pseudoscience and woo-woo stuff

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
Alphaville

Re: "swallowing" ​b​lackpill, overcoming it; moving forward; pseudoscience and woo-woo stuff

Post by Alphaville »

Toska2 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:29 pm
There is nothing to do but enjoy the moment.
or suffer it :lol:

enigmaT120

Re: "swallowing" ​b​lackpill, overcoming it; moving forward; pseudoscience and woo-woo stuff

Post by enigmaT120 »

Toska2 wrote:

There is nothing to do but enjoy the moment. Its so out of your element that by the time you are aware of what you are doing, its over.

Wow. The Power of Now in a single sentence. Before you ask, I am not making fun of you. I'm impressed.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

I think that in real life from my mouth nothing bad. Especially things in "It seems that average church...".
I simply nodded during religion talk and try to move to the more mutual/safe topics (IRL I produce one sentence incoherent responses to most talk :lol:).

I think the problem is that I treat the forum as some kind of heroes in my head like as the main character (and his alter ego) in Fight Club, not as place of exchange of interdependent conversations of real human beings.

Ok, time to close this browser tab...

C40

Post by C40 »

The other day I was sitting on the beach. Feeling great. Very tranquil. Then, a man and woman walk by. I see that the woman is in good shape. As they passed, I saw that she has a REALLY nice butt. I stare. I think, "I should have a girlfriend with a butt like that.... right!?.. Why don't I?"

As some famous guy once said: "Comparison is the thief of joy"

Toska2

Post by Toska2 »

I found the book The Power of Now a bit disingenuous. No, not everything has meaning, works out for the best, needs a detached viewpoint, ect. The book is a product of the 21st century where our lower maslow's hierarchy of needs and where anxiety replaced agency.

That said, using a bad analogy, he (car) is "stuck" and walking might get him somewhere.