Nothing Matters Vs. Everything Matters

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
frihet

Re: Nothing Matters Vs. Everything Matters

Post by frihet »

This question reminds me of the famous quote by an Indian contemporary sage. The answer is a question of perspective in my mind.

“Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows.”

― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, I Am That

LookingInward

Post by LookingInward »

I think everything matters from a planetary perspective down to the individual perspective. On a cosmical perspective, yes, we are all irrelevant and probably no one out there gives a shit how and when you play your music.

That aside, suffering is very real. Consider the suffering you are causing on others when you act.

IlliniDave

Post by IlliniDave »

Tyler9000 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:40 am
Whether or not my actions matter doesn't matter. I live my life in a way that makes me happy, and I treat all people with respect because I believe it's the right thing to do.
This is basically my take in a nutshell. Hard to see any upside to antagonizing people unnecessarily.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Under the right conditions - lack of physical or property threat - it can have entertainment value.

chenda

Post by chenda »

As well as providing some justice to deserving fuckwits.