Polyamory Support Group

Simple living, extreme early retirement, being wealthy, ...
Jin+Guice

Re: Polyamory Support Group

Post by Jin+Guice »

@7: Seems like for once you're leaving out some juicy details...?

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@Jin+ Guice:

Naaah. Just observation that if you are wimpy about break-ups (unlike Underwood in her videos) then the practice of polyamory does not help. In fact, I am so very wimpy about getting break-ups done it is possible that I subconsciously hoped that practice of polyamory might be way to avoid break-ups entirely. As in “We’re still together, but only for two hot weekends per year.” or “We’re still together, but only for pleasant conversation over lunch bi-weekly” or “We’re still together, but really only when I am sick and need somebody to pick up a prescription, and bi-weekly lunch guy is in Costa Rica with his terrible wife.”

I told The Cowboy that my relationship with him is now like his relationship with his ex-wife, whom he still cares about and buys new roofs, although he felt extremely depressed when he was stuck having to live with her. Except, obviously, I’m not buying new roofs for anybody. Ride to next colonoscopy might still be available. Depends on where I end up living.

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice »

@7: I totally agree about the break-ups. I think I mentioned it in a previous post, but polyamory encourages not breaking up if you are getting anything from the relationship. The line between what is and isn’t dating can be confusing too. Your examples seem like productive secondary relationships though. I’d leave them intact, unless a partner you’d prefer not to hurt reasonably expects it to develop further or they are infringing on your boundaries.