ERE/FIRE Radio to listen to while accumulating?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
TopHatFox

ERE/FIRE Radio to listen to while accumulating?

Post by TopHatFox »

I was thinking, whenever I've played Fallout 4, there's an upbeat apolocalyse-themed, old-timey radio you can play as you're shooting up super mutants or ghouls.

What about that in real life for ERE/FIRE? That'd be motivating: listening to something encouraging accumulation and good money management as you're shooting off e-mails. It'd be like having a good friend along the same path as you to grow with every day. Any suggestions on ERE/FIRE themed content? It probably can't be too in the weeds since that would be distracting.

2Birds1Stone

Re: ERE/FIRE Radio to listen to while accumulating?

Post by 2Birds1Stone »

There are plenty of good podcasts with a FIRE/ERE theme.

Radical Personal Finance
Mad Fientist
ChooseFI (I wasn't a huge fan, but it's very popular)

For someone on ERE, it might not be groundbreaking stuff. But there is more to it than just spend less, earn more, etc.

arcyallen

Post by arcyallen »

Are you referring to some theme music that "feels like ERE/FIRE", or actual words? The podcasts above are pretty good (I listened to a couple of them today) and there are many more. RPF is probably my favorite overall, as it touches on many topics and the interview he does with Jacob is AWESOME, and quite long at well over 2 hours.

C40

Post by C40 »

THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT:

https://www.harrybrowne.org/Archives/Archives.htm

https://www.harrybrowne.org/Archives/Ar ... stment.htm

Download all the shows while you still can.

Just look at him. Look at the sweater. Look at the cat. Imagine him talking away giving you great advice from his attic while you're shooting possibly innocent people and then looting their house for every last bottle cap and old rusty bullet. His theme music even fits the vibe.

RealPerson

Post by RealPerson »

Thanks! I wasn't aware of these Harry Browne podcast episodes. While the website is up and running, the file server for the MP3 files appears to be inactive. At least on my computer. Does anyone have a solution or alternate location for downloading?

Mister Imperceptible

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

C40 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:54 pm
Just look at him. Look at the sweater. Look at the cat. Imagine him talking away giving you great advice from his attic while you're shooting possibly innocent people and then looting their house for every last bottle cap and old rusty bullet. His theme music even fits the vibe.
Hahahahaha

Jason

Post by Jason »

His cat can't seem to get itself to look at that sweater.