100% Working Remote / Telecommute

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
chrisreads

Re: 100% Working Remote / Telecommute

Post by chrisreads »

theanimal wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:22 pm
I am 100% remote working in insurance. I have to proactively be more social and communal with friends than I otherwise likely would in a normal job. In my experience, not seeing people or having real conversations in real life has very negative effects.
100% agree with this. I worked from home for myself for about 5 years and decided to go back to work just because of that. Worked for about 6 years and recently went back to doing freelance work again a few months ago and am already looking into getting a job somewhere again, (at least part-time) just for the social aspect of things.

It's bad when you leave the house and think to yourself, I can't remember the last time I left the house. Oh yeah, it was last week when I went to the grocery store! Going out with friends on the weekends is great but it's not the same thing and not something I always want to do every weekend.

I think when I finally become FI I'll probably find someplace to volunteer a couple of days a week.