Personal mission?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
Jason

Re: Personal mission?

Post by Jason »

It's why I wake up everyday and thank God I'm not Leonardo DiCaprio.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

frihet wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:20 pm
psychedelics
A slower path could be to read
Why not both?
BRUTE wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:17 pm
+1 to 5-MEO-DMT, the true path to god
God recommends Soma instead, but ok:

Those who study the Vedas and drink the Soma juice, seeking the heavenly planets, worship Me indirectly. They take birth on that Kingdom of Heaven, where they enjoy godly delights.
-God, in Bg 9.20

Mister Imperceptible

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

Jason wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:28 am
Zoroasstrian
Jason wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:28 am
fat bottomed girls
Mister Imperceptible wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:47 pm
biological imperatives
Jason wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:11 pm
"Did you hear So and So is being reincarnated as Serena William's underwear"
fiby41 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:28 pm
enjoy godly delights
-God
Oh where is the girl that I love?
-Jack Kerouac, On The Road

Mister Imperceptible

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

I’m never on reddit. Do people speak frankly about value systems there?

Maybe there’s too much color commentary for some but where else are you going to find the intersection between the high-falutin’ and the bawdy?

Shakespeare, for one.

Sure, maybe Augustus was a little bit sanctimonious when he called out celebrities for not being more like Richard Branson, and maybe Kriegsspiel flamed a bit much in response, and maybe Jason and I admire the female form a little butt too much, but we can appreciate beauty without objectifying can’t we?

We could clean the boards of this and end up with a non-offensive non-denominational Christmas song by Philip Glass.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I9TeVdW8sYA

And nothing against Glass! Dude is legit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UtQpSGyPCBE

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

C40

Post by C40 »

Mister Imperceptible wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:43 pm
I’m never on reddit. Do people speak frankly about value systems there?

Maybe there’s too much color commentary for some but where else are you going to find the intersection between the high-falutin’ and the bawdy?

We could clean the boards of this and end up with a non-offensive non-denominational Christmas song by Philip Glass.
strawman.

Go back and read the first page of this thread. How useful is it? How well do the replies give insight relating to the thread subject? Consider this as haven taken place as an actual, in-person gathering, in Jacob or M741's living room. Folks are gathered, sitting around, sharing very useful information on a subject important to them. Respecting each other. Considering one another's inputs and being thoughtful to reply in useful ways..

And look at this third page. How useful is this? Again, imagine this occurring at that gathering in M741's house. Some new folks come into the room making short, snappy comments, some only tangentially related, some about asses, freddy mercury, and Serena William's panties (?!). None of them useful, or even funny, really.. culminating with one guy wheeling in a TV, putting a DVD into a player, and blasting out a song from a South Park album with a literal piece of shit on the cover. The original members of the useful conversation have now either left or have been silent for a significant time. It's devolved into a frat party.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Agree.