Adderal & its effects?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
fiby41

Re: Adderal & its effects?

Post by fiby41 »

AnalyticalEngine wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:38 am
. The first example is anorexia in China, and how the disorder was extremely rare there until China started to consume US media.
I don't think it's fair to blame USA for everything. Do look up the tiny feet as beautiful preference selfimposition by Chinese woman on their own daughters for centuries. I've observed myself Chinese girls always wearing shoes two sizes smaller.

Besides Chinese figures should always be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not saying this due to the pandemic numbers, but even before that if you see the statistics for households per country and members per household, China has a perfect 3.0 people / household with not a single remainder whereas all other countries do.

AnalyticalEngine

Re: Adderal & its effects?

Post by AnalyticalEngine »

The book isn't really about China. It's not even about the US. The point of the book is that the way we define mental illness/what is neural typical is inherently rooted in our current time and cultural context. Focusing on one country wasn't the point I was trying to make. The point I was trying to make is that ADHD et al is different than other medical conditions due to lack of objective diagnosis, and here is an interesting book about how lack of objective diagnosis changes what we do and do not consider a medical condition.