Adderal & its effects?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
TopHatFox

Adderal & its effects?

Post by TopHatFox »

Saw a documentary on it on Netflix. Thought it was interesting. Also, did you know that there are elementary magnet schools with an acceptance rate of <10%. What is going on out there.

Anyway, I may have ADHD or may otherwise find such a productivity product useful, so - anyone tried it?

Jin+Guice

Re: Adderal & its effects?

Post by Jin+Guice »

I've done it several times to get high. I was diagnosed with ADHD after a weird doctors visit where my mom lied to me and then got me tested for ADHD and then agreed with me that I should decline the amphetamine based treatment... The real reason I declined treatment was I had done the drug a couple of times with friends and couldn't imagine being that fucking wired everyday. Don't believe what society tells you, teenage drug use really pays off.

A lot of my friends take adderal, a few of them have legit prescriptions and a few of them have pill mill prescriptions. None of the people who take it daily seem particularly healthy, but the one person I currently know who takes it daily is a prostitute so... is it the drugs fault, maybe? Some of my friends who take it occasionally to get shit done seem fine, but I'm still not sure it's the healthiest practice. If it's not clear from this most of my friends are real degenerates. Also, I don't take it anymore because I don't really like it. Most people seem to like it.

In summary, I can't imagine taking it everyday, I'm not sure I believe ADHD isn't bullshit and adderal does not help me, someone with an ADHD diagnosis concentrate, it helps me get high as fuck.

daylen

Post by daylen »

Productive in what time span? It is an illusion.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

You’ve asked about this before and I gave some advice ... viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9560&p=158527#p158527

Twice actually... viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6593&p=96593#p96593

Based on that, I’d guess yes, you have ADHD. :D

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

See, look, proof! Now pass the stuff S'il vous plaît

daylen

Post by daylen »

The schooling/working programs in industrialized nations have become rigid and standardized. Everyone is expected to fit inside a well-specified "productivity box". If you are predisposed to providing value outside that box, then you are labelled "mentally ill" and given "medications" that force you to fit inside the it at the expense of dis-regulating your system on some longer time span.

The system doesn't work well with people like us, unfortunately.

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

I just want to be able to do Sensing work while having fun tbh

daylen

Post by daylen »

Hard to get others to have fun when they are focused on the next deadline.

daylen

Post by daylen »

Imagine we are hunter gatherers for a second. The only deadline would be death. There are no rules that you can only hunt X at time Y in zone Z. Some members of the tribe would hunt in a more predictable way, and other members would hunt in a more sporadic way based on environmental or seasonal cues.

I am guessing you like sensing work because it frees up your mind to think? This extra cognitive power means you could have further contributed by telling stories about past hunts which bond members of the tribe (by demonstrating the benefits of teamwork). You could have also initiated burst of play/fun that encouraged exploration (leading to new wealth).

I would be telling camp fire parables at night either to excite or to provoke fear depending on how the hunt went that day/week.

daylen

Post by daylen »

Nevermind, you are INFJ, so you would have foreseen possible futures of other tribe members and steered play in a way that avoided negative outcomes. I speculate.

Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

I took adderall a while back for ADHD, but I only took it for a grand total of a month. It made me feel really weird; kinda like a robot. I dunno how to describe it really, but it wasn't very pleasant. I was a little more productive, however.
I personally found Vyvanse to be much better. No weird feelings, didn't feel particularly wired, and was able to more or less focus. Awkwardly enough though I found it interfered with really focused work lol. I mean that it made it a bit harder to get completely absorbed in a topic, because (my) mind was always a little jumpy with that in my system. Could be it's norepinephrine effects maybe? For this, and a few other reasons (mostly related to not being particularly enthusiastic about taking amphetamines as a general principle), I ultimately phased out using it after about a year.
I'm not sure what in particular sparked your interest in amphetamines from the netflix documentary, but for me, I found meditation improved my capacity to focus much better than the amphetamines did.

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice »

WTF is sensing work? That just sounds like taking drugs.
daylen wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:35 pm
The schooling/working programs in industrialized nations have become rigid and standardized. Everyone is expected to fit inside a well-specified "productivity box".
Agree, also you are slaying life so I sincerely doubt you "need' any drug.
daylen wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:03 pm
Productive in what time span? It is an illusion.
This is recognized by my more thoughtful friends who use it. "Borrowing time from the future" is how they refer to it.
TopHatFox wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:38 pm
Again I don't know what Sensing work is, but if this just means you want to be high then by all means... most of my friends/ colleagues seem to prefer nasal administration.

2Birds1Stone

Post by 2Birds1Stone »

zalo, this means you musn't swallow the Adderal

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

who is this Olaz you speak of? Heresy!

Sensing work, like TPS reports, tax forms, and such.

prognastat

Post by prognastat »

Although at some moments I may have felt tempted to take adderal for increased productivity I always end up agreeing with my prior determinations that unless necessary for my health taking it's better not to rely on it.

I've also heard from multiple people that though you are more productive, the quality of your production does get lowered. So if you want quantity > quality then it sounds like it might do what you want.

shadow

Post by shadow »

TopHatFox wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:38 pm
Adderall would work but it's probably overkill...

Do you drink coffee already? How often? How does it affect you?

Have you looked into any other "productivity products"?

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

@Shadow, like what, Redbull?

Yeah I drink one cup a day. It's okay, but not like super-focus-for-20-hours-and-finish-everything

Smashter

Post by Smashter »

@shadow is probably referring to nootropics, such as aniracetam. I've tried those and felt like I noticed a slight difference in alertness, but it easily could have been a placebo effect. I stopped taking all of them after a year or so of experimentation. That was all in the pre-ERE dark days, and now I am not as interested in smart drugs plus I can't justify the cost. If you're at all interested in exploring that world, r/Nootropics is a great resource.

Lemon

Post by Lemon »

https://slatestarcodex.com/2017/12/28/a ... d-to-know/

This is the sort of thing you need to discuss face to face with a doctor.

shadow

Post by shadow »

@THF
Try cutting the coffee for a few weeks to lower your tolerance and stick to using it a few times a week after that to get more benefit out of it.

You could look into nootropics as @smashter says. There are also a lot of stimulants in between coffee and adderall (e.g. modafinil).

Disclaimer - drugs are dangerous, research the health effects of anything you are taking. Also don’t do anything illegal.