Cheap Books?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
RusticBohemian

Cheap Books?

Post by RusticBohemian »

Some time back someone posted a link to a website where you could buy very cheap books online. Can anyone suggest what it might have been?

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Re: Cheap Books?

Post by jacob »

Amazon used?!

RusticBohemian

Post by RusticBohemian »

I don't think that was it.

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

Probably not ... can't really imagine what/how it would be though. The used book market place is pretty efficient. There's even bot-arbitrage (resellers et al) going on between different sites.

There's the free book marketplace at paperbackswap.com but that place is getting vacuumed for anything worth value although occasionally one gets lucky.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

What kind of books? Do you mean paperbackswap or hbp (halfpricebooks)?

I think used books were discussed in Jason's journal recently.

Quadalupe

Post by Quadalupe »

RusticBohemian

Post by RusticBohemian »

I think it was paperback swap, but I didn't realize how picked over it was when I read about it. Thanks, guys.
jacob wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:08 am
Probably not ... can't really imagine what/how it would be though. The used book market place is pretty efficient. There's even bot-arbitrage (resellers et al) going on between different sites.

There's the free book marketplace at paperbackswap.com but that place is getting vacuumed for anything worth value although occasionally one gets lucky.

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

Well, I've gotten some good stuff from it over the years, but it can be a long wait. It really depends on what you read.

Mikeallison

Post by Mikeallison »

https://www.thriftbooks.com

I buy all my stuff from these guys, it's all inventory from thrift stores across the USA. Sometimes they don't have a title, or they ask way too much for one, but I've had nothing but good luck on 90% of the books I was looking for. Price is normally south of 5 bucks.

Fish

Post by Fish »

https://www.bookfinder.com

It’s a search engine for books, capturing many major retailers in the new and used market. I’ve noticed that the listed prices may be out of date due to frequent algorithmic updates by vendors, but in general this seems to be the best tool available for quickly finding the best price on a book. Be aware that all search results are affiliate links.