Cologne/Perfume

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
7Wannabe5

Re: Cologne/Perfume

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Some of the better perfumes (not cheap colognes!) made for men in the Middle East do a pretty good job of imitating yummy pheromone smell if applied with discretion. I only rarely buy or wear scents myself, and I believe that when I do I usually err on the side of choosing to smell like strawberry bubble gum. I am allergic to aluminum, so I use mild crystal deodorant.

EdithKeeler

Post by EdithKeeler »

Thanks for the back up Daylen.
I was mostly teasing you. But there are those who swear they don’t need it, and really they do. I live in the south—it’s super hot and humid, and most people are sweaty and sticky by the time they get to their car in the morning. I had a coworker who didn’t use anything and he usually reeked by about 3 in the afternoon. He finally started using baking soda at least and it helped.

Sid

Post by Sid »

I hear ya on that

DeanCardinal

Post by DeanCardinal »

I buy 2nd hand online. Would seem lots of guys selling perfectly good cologne for rock bottom prices when they get tired of the scent. Or something they would've gotten for Christmas or birthdays and didn't like.

Downside is that I don't get to choose, I just buy what's available when I need it.

Bankai

Post by Bankai »

Seppia wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:59 pm
What you buy heavily discounted at TJMaxx or in the streets is usually old stock, so already degraded.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll ask her.
What's the best place to buy? I guess online is not the best idea either? Is non-discounted stuff from an actual perfume shop the best choice?

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

Bankai wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:36 pm
What's the best place to buy? I guess online is not the best idea either? Is non-discounted stuff from an actual perfume shop the best choice?
According to my wife, the way the perfume is stocked and how “old” it is are the main variables.
Usually from lot code one can tell production date, that would be the best tell usually.
Also keep in mind that once open it starts degrading so no huge bottles if you use it lightly.

Cheepnis

Post by Cheepnis »

The only bottle of cologne I'll probably ever have in my possession was in the pocket of a nice jacket I got out of a dumpster. I think it's probably cheap shit, but it's still really smelly. That was 5 years ago and I've worn it twice.