Book Management

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
jennypenny

Re: Book Management

Post by jennypenny »

722 (kinda slow for me but took the test wwithout my reading glasses)

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

FYI ... as an editor I get paid to read, so learning to read as quickly as possible was important to earning a decent wage. I probably wouldn't read that fast if it was my vocation.

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice »

Do any of y'all feel like you read too much? I've lost weeks to reading a good book/ blog before.

cmonkey

Post by cmonkey »

I decided to time myself in a more accurate setting tonight and got approximately 330-350 words per minute reading a real book over 2 hours in a completely undistracted setting. The reading is pretty dry/numerical so I'm pretty content with that I think.

That test might not be the best one out there, I think it's more of an advertisement for their software.

EdithKeeler

Post by EdithKeeler »

662 with 100% on comprehension.

trfie

Post by trfie »

cmonkey wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:55 pm
Since we are all online test nerds, anyone want to share their reading speed? I'm a little embarrassed to admit I got a 205 on this (250-ish on paper), so I'm slightly above average. I should find some free resources to help with this I think.
Keep in mind that many speed-reading techniques cannot be done on a computer screen. I have taken 2 completely different speed-reading courses.