Eliminating Facebook from our lives?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, being wealthy, ...
7Wannabe5

Re: Eliminating Facebook from our lives?

Post by 7Wannabe5 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:46 am

RFS wrote:I know very little about anything, but I do know this: that if you can live your life without an audience, you should do it."
"First let's go see a football game. A professional football game," Frances said, because she knew Michael loved to watch them. "The Giants are playing. And it'll be nice to be outside all day today and get hungry and later we'll go down to Cavanagh's and get a steak as big as a blacksmith's apron, with a bottle of wine, and after that, there's a new French picture at the Filmarte that everybody says... Say, are you listening to me?"

"Sure," he said. He took his eyes off the hatless girl with the dark hair, cut dancer-style, like a helmet, who was walking past him with the self-conscious strength and grace dancers have. She was walking without a coat and she looked very solid and strong and her belly was flat, like a boy's, under her skirt, and her hips swung boldly because she was a dancer and also because she knew Michael was looking at her. She smiled a little to herself as she went past and Michael noticed all these things before he looked back at his wife. "Sure," he said, "we're going to watch the Giants and we're going to eat steak and we're going to see a French picture. How do you like that?"
-"The Girls in Their Summer Dresses"- Irwin Shaw (1939)
The internet is the city.