Influence of different seasons on skills and lifestyle

Fixing and making things, what tools to get and what skills to learn, ...
wolf

Influence of different seasons on skills and lifestyle

Post by wolf »

"Winter is coming" (Game of Thrones)

This is true for many of us theses days. I live in southern Germany and it gets cold, wet and windy during the next months. Then comes spring, summer and autumn. So I was thinking about ERE and seasons. I can see that I have to adapt to the various seasons, e.g. I go by bike to work so I have to think what I wear...

I am interested what you think about the influence of the different seasons on your ERE skills and your lifestyle? Do you prefer the seasons and climate more stable, e.g. in California? Or do you prefer a four-season-climate?

Personally I think, that because of changing circumstances, e.g. seasons, climate, weather, I do have to adapt and change. This creates the need for several skills like adaptability, creativity, inspiration, etc. I live car free, so I eliminated a comfort out of my life. That pushes me into my stretching-zone. And because of that I have to learn new ways to live in "harmony" with my circumstances, e.g. go by bike in rain to my workplace. This is also true for the different seasons. Every season has its own aspects.

So I am interested what do you prefer, a more stable climate or four seasons? What are your experiences regarding ERE skills and -lifestyle?

Riggerjack

Re: Influence of different seasons on skills and lifestyle

Post by Riggerjack »

I live in the Pacific Northwest, so I live with an eternal springtime. Sometimes it's a warm, dry spring, sometimes it's a chilly wet spring, but it's always spring. Then it's fall.

I've lived in plenty of places, but this is the place for me. Most of the world has winters that last months, or summers that are oppressive, and some have both!

I'll take spring, and leave the sun to the folks who get moody without it.